RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
farmlady
Sweep Fanatic
9/03 MOTM

farmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant futurefarmlady has a brilliant future
winnings

Linda,

Several years ago when I was a member, I won the Valentino & Valentina beanie babies.
I was just checking on Ebay and and Valentina is so rare, there is one posted for over $10,000! 31 people were watching it.

I miss the forums and everyone there.
I know there has been alot come & go.

Farmlady aka Rhea

Money is the root of all evil, unfortunately, everyone needs alot of root!
farmlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Hey... wow ... are you thinking of selling yours? I mean on Ebay? I have sometimes seen some of my Buzz lightyear stuff going for "enormous" prices and when I try to sell mine for close but less -- I never even get one bid.
Honestly sometimes I think it is a way to launder money .... but if you do ever decide to sell it... I'd love to know what you get for it. Just curious to see if prices like that really do happen for items like these!

You know we miss everyone who has gone elsewhere... we know we can't control any of that.... so I am happy you stopped by to say Hi! Do it more often...we'd like that.
Toystory aka Johannah

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #3
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Rhea, nice to hear from you! We are still here, plugging away.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my goodness! Now I have to go through all my Beanies to look for a Valentina. I'm almost sure I have one.

I have so many Beanies and Buddies I can't remember them all!

Nice to see you here, Rhea! Some of us have been here for many, many years!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
WOW.........I just found my Valentina!! Mint condition, with the tag encased in the plastic protector.

Now I must decide what to do, sell it possibly. I'm not even sure how to go about doing that.

Whew, it's going to be a sleepless night for me, I think!

Any suggestions you all can give me would be appreciated. I've never sold anything on eBay. I used to sell my books on Half.com, but they went out of business.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
nannyv
Sweep Fanatic
2/09 MOTM

nannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Rhea, Always nice to see someone from the past drop in. Hope you still doing contests & lots of wins.

Vera (nannyv)
Old 11-03-2017, 09:09 PM   #7
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Hmm, there must be literally hundreds of Valentinas listed on eBay, anywhere from $2.50 to $10,000. I wonder whether anyone is actually buying any.

Some as listed as having "rare errors." I looked at so many of those listed, my poor eyes got weary. Guess I'll just "cool it," and not worry about it anymore tonight.

So now my Valentina is sitting on the back of my couch. I still have my Halloween Beanies out, along with "Plymouth," the Thanksgiving bear.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdy
Hmm, there must be literally hundreds of Valentinas listed on eBay, anywhere from $2.50 to $10,000. I wonder whether anyone is actually buying any.

Some as listed as having "rare errors." I looked at so many of those listed, my poor eyes got weary. Guess I'll just "cool it," and not worry about it anymore tonight.

So now my Valentina is sitting on the back of my couch. I still have my Halloween Beanies out, along with "Plymouth," the Thanksgiving bear.
I will sign on and look at the sold items to see if they sold and for how much for you.... and just give you a range they actually sold for.... doing it now.

Ok.. actual sales in about last 3 months... .01 cent (with tag error ~ Ty Beanie Babies Valentina bear with errors. Gosport spelled Gasport ) to $200 (with tag error ~ Retired Beanie baby Valentina the Teddy bear, DOB 2-14-98, with tush tag of 1999 and PE Pellets and no # stamp on the inside of the tush tag , her Swing Heart tag has a mispelled word instead of Gosport it says Gasport.)

And there are about 50 sales, most were lower rather than even close to the $200. Sorry to burst your bubble, but keep her safe...one never knows.

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #9
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Thanks, Jo. I won't list my Valentina. I guess I really knew when Rhea posted that, it was too good to be true. Anyway, I love all my Beanies and Beanie Buddies. After all these years. they still make me smile.