RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Odds & Ends > Video Sharing - Look at the video I found!
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
T_I_M
Sweep Fanatic

T_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud of
I got on the History Channel

not, a win, but a fun experience,
4 hours- into 4 minutes.

seen by millions on the History Channel

Program will re-air

Pawn Stars : Fired Up

Airs on Thursday December 03 10:30 PM (HISTORY CHANNEL) (PST)

The Pawn Stars want to buy an airplane propeller that may be historically tied to Charles Lindbergh--can they find an expert or documentation to confirm the link or will this deal crash and burn? Then when a man brings in a 1750s Flintlock Musketoon, Rick has doubts about its authenticity. And later a young man brings the Old Man a key chain that he believes belonged to Willie Nelson--the only question is--which one.

Pawn Stars : Fired Up Airs on Friday December 04 02:30 AM (HISTORY CHANNEL) (PST)
T_I_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
mjragusa
Sweep Fanatic
5/07 MOTM

mjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond repute
I get a kick out of this show....some really unique things (many of which I've trashed over the years without a thought!).

Can't wait to see your episode! congrats!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

jessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond repute
I love this show! It's so addicting. It kinda reminds me of the Antique Roadshow. Watching someone we know will make it even more fun. Can't wait to see it!

PS> Did you see the episode last night of Chumlee trying to fly that huge kite? Pretty funny.
jessilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

jessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond repute
I just told mama about it and she said she thinks she remember's seeing you last night but was also on the phone with her sister so she wasn't paying close attention.

She said she thought your episode was the same one as with Chumlee flying the kite so if so, I had just missed it. I started channel surfing during the commercial and ended up on the show "Hoarders," and got stuck there because I could not believe what I was seeing! Tons and tons of literal trash in this woman's house along with 2 dead cat carcasses that had been buried in that trash for 10 years! Sooooo...I forgot to change it back durn it..lol

I will definately watch Thursday though.

PS> What did ya think of the Old Man? He is a trip isn't he? lol
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Tim, I've got that episode set up to tape just in case I forget to watch. I've not seen Pawn Stars before but noticed it as I was flipping thru the channels a few nights ago and thought it might be interesting.

Kristi, I was doing the same thing you were the other night and watched the same spot you did on "Hoarders". Give her 6 months and she'll be living in the same garbage again. What I don't understand is, has she not had anyone visit her in the last 10 years and see how she was living? I did catch that her son moved away but he never came back to see her in all that time? I used to watch a British show on BBC that was similar to this but I don't think I ever saw one their shows as bad as this woman's house.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Hubby saw that too... Hoarders -- it must really STINK in there too...dead animals. UG. I think it has to be a mental disease. YUCK!

Tim will look for you ... Congrats on another few minutes of FAME!!!

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Tim...hubby watches that show all the time...Congrats on your 15 min of fame

Hoarders...ick...when I was cleaning houses, I had 2 customers that where hoarders...I had to give them up..it was impossible to clean

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
I watch "Clean House" (with Niecy Nash) on the Style Network all the time. It's amazing how many families live in wall-to-wall trash and junk.

But when the "Clean House" crew sells most of the stuff at yard sales, donates the rest to charity, and redecorates their houses, the results are usually quite beautiful.

Then, Niecy Nash re-visits some of the people years later, and sure enough, some of them have re-trashed their houses.

But others have maintained their redecorated houses beautifully and really learned their lessons. I love that show!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda
Tim, I've got that episode set up to tape just in case I forget to watch. I've not seen Pawn Stars before but noticed it as I was flipping thru the channels a few nights ago and thought it might be interesting.

Kristi, I was doing the same thing you were the other night and watched the same spot you did on "Hoarders". Give her 6 months and she'll be living in the same garbage again. What I don't understand is, has she not had anyone visit her in the last 10 years and see how she was living? I did catch that her son moved away but he never came back to see her in all that time? I used to watch a British show on BBC that was similar to this but I don't think I ever saw one their shows as bad as this woman's house.

Gonna start a new thread so it won't derail Tim's -

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...783#post832783
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #10
T_I_M
Sweep Fanatic

T_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud ofT_I_M has much to be proud of
cool,

I had to be on set very early (after a long night of no sleep, and major tooth ache) but I made the best of it, and sucked it up.

The guys were all really cool, and I got to spend a lot of face time with chumlee, while getting mic-ed uo, I went behind the counter for a bit, and noticed they had several loaded guns ready to rock (a true pawnshop)

anyways, next time your in vegas, you can check out the shop for your self, it is very close to the older tourist section of town.

cheers
T_I_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing a neat experience
Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

The episode that Tim is on will be on in about 20 mins.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
I saw ya...cool...be sure and let us know if you talk to Willie

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_I_M
cool,

I had to be on set very early (after a long night of no sleep, and major tooth ache) but I made the best of it, and sucked it up.

The guys were all really cool, and I got to spend a lot of face time with chumlee, while getting mic-ed uo, I went behind the counter for a bit, and noticed they had several loaded guns ready to rock (a true pawnshop)

anyways, next time your in vegas, you can check out the shop for your self, it is very close to the older tourist section of town.

cheers

That was fun! Just watched the segment. Your face did look a little swollen from your toothache. Hope you got that taken care of..toothache's are the worst.

You know, if I were you, I would email Willie Nelson, I am sure he has a fan website with one and that would be so awesome if you could authenticate it especially after the Old Man said the day you got in touch with Willie Nelson is the day he retires..lol! You could even put that in the email. Maybe he even watches Pawn Stars..lol

I know one thing. If someone challenges me or say's I can't do something, it will drive me crazy until I prove them otherwise. Put it this way, I have never in my life wrote a "fan letter" or wrote/emailed someone famous until about 3 or 4 years ago. And of all people, I don't know what really compelled me to email this person which is Queen Noor of Jordan. I am not even that familiar with the Middle East or all that goes on but I had watched a news report of suicide bombers blowing a few places up in their country killing a bunch of people and I sent her an email of support and prayers and she (her office) sent me and email back! lol I will have to see if I still have it saved. It was so neat getting an email from "Her majesty the Queen."

Anyhow, hope ya get in touch with him.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

I found my email to Queen Noor. Here it is and her reply -

Dear Majesty Queen Noor,

My name is Kristi and I live in Florida and I just wanted to send a note of support to you and King Abdullah and the people of Jordan in this time of great sorrow. My heart grieves for those who have lost members of their families in these senseless acts of violence and hatred. May God expose everyone of them and bring them to justice.

I just finished watching you on CNN and you are such a beautiful person and Jordan is very lucky to have such a kind and caring person as you are.

Again, I am so sorry. I just wish all these crazy suicide bombers would stop. I never realized how much people hated me just because I am American. It really makes me sad.. Still I will not hate them back, I will pray for them instead. I know our religions our different, ( I am a christian) but we are human beings first. There is this scripture where the disciples are asking Jesus, what are the two greatest commands? Jesus replied, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. That is how I try and live my life. To love everyone as I would want to be loved.

I hope soon peace will come for the whole world. Your country is in my prayer's and the Jordanian's are so fortunate to have such a strong and courageous man as King Abdullah is.

Sending love and hugs from America !

Kristi

And here is her reply -

Dear Ms. *****,

Her Majesty Queen Noor has asked me to convey to you her heartfelt appreciation for your kind words of consolation and support at this profoundly sad time for Jordan .

Queen Noor was most touched, and sends you her sincere gratitude for your thoughtfulness

Warm regards,

Office of Her Majesty Queen Noor

Bab Al Salam Palace

Amman - Jordan

So cool huh?!