RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Welcome New Members - Introduce Yourself
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
jenndiggy
Sweep Fanatic

jenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Been four years since I last visted -- remember me?

Just thought I'd say hi since it's been so long since I've been here. Can't believe it says "You last visited October 12, 2008"!

I've been busy sweeping and trying to get that streamlined into a better process.

Still have guinea pigs, although new ones since they live about 3-5 years.

Life is an adventure, that's for certain!
jenndiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, I remember you Jenn. Welcome back and drop in a little more often OK.
Good luck with the new brood and with winning!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Jenndiggy! I remember you, and four years have flown by, haven't they?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
hi Jenn!
Thanks for stopping by. Have you won any trips? so many questions

I could so see you running your own blog
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
tmy56
Sweep Fanatic
4/04 MOTM
1/09 MOTM

tmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Jenn!
You may not have been here in 4 years but I have followed you other places on the internet...I recall a voting contest you did quite well in.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Jenn, yes I remember U...
Did you ever get your sweeping streamlined?

What else have U up to?

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
jenndiggy
Sweep Fanatic

jenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond repute
What I did Summer of 2008 (and the summers since)

Hmm, what have I been up to?

Well, biggest news first -- I won my BIGGEST prize EVER this year. I won Goya's Biggest Fan with Baby Crocket in a sombrero. I could have won up to $82,500 but "only" won $15,000. (I was SO close to winning the big amount. I had to match five like envelopes and the first three I matched were the big money.)

I almost died in February from a bone infection my doctor misdiagnosed as Bell's Palsy. I landed in the hospital for nine days. I'm still on antibiotics and will be until likely April. I'm seeing a special ist, otherwise I would really question being on them so long. Even a personal friend who is a doctor said this is the protocol that is needed for it.

Blogging? Yup. Doing that! Not as much these days, but a little.

Trips: In 2009 I went to Russia for 14 days. I have close friends there working with their church. I was planning on going back this summer and on to Mongolia to meet friends of my friends (I've always wanted to see Mongolia and when they heard that, they immediately invited me saying few people actually want to visit them!) I was planning on going again this summer to Russia and Mongolia, but my doctor said no because he wants me in a place where there is good medical care should I need it with this infection. He said, "There's always next summer for that." So this summer I knocked something off my bucket list by going to Sweepstakes convention. I have friends from college in the area and I got to meet up with two friends I hadn't seen in 20 years just because they happened to be in Atlanta.

I went to Hell in December. Seriously. There's a town called "Hell, Michigan" and a friend and I were about an hour away and were were like "We HAVE to go to Hell." It was below freezing and I took a picture of ice on the ground because I have seen a cold day in Hell, and it was frozen over. lol

My mom almost died in December. She was in kidney failure but waited as long as she could to start dialysis and was in the hospital for sixteen days. She's now on dialysis three days a week and I do a lot to help her. She really isn't able to be by herself. When I am gone now, I have a friend stop by daily to help with a few things. I've been gone more than usual this year, though with being in the hospital myself, plus two trips this year.

I believe it was in 2009 I won a trip to see the Semi-Finals of American Idol. Earlier this year I used an airline ticket I won to visit friends from college in Miami. I was able to be bumped and have another airline ticket to use at some point in time.

In winter 2010 was the worst winter I can ever remember. We had our driveway back-hoed (couldn't even plow it there was so much snow) and the next day we woke to an EIGHT FOOT snow drift where the driveway had been.

I reconnected with my 4th grade teacher and have had dinner with him and his family twice. They moved to New York a few years after I had him, but they vacation in this area every few years.

I still have an annual ice cream party. Remember a few years ago when Edy's gave away all those ice cream parties? I won one two years in a row and everyone asked the next year if I was going to have one, and I still do!

I won a trip to Vegas with HSN in 2009. Got to eat food Wolfgang Puck prepared, and I met some other sweepers. Was a great time. My first trip to Vegas, and amazingly I was unimpressed. The HSN part was fun, but otherwise wasn't my thing. What's really funny is a friend (non-sweeper) from online was also there. We met on a garage sale board, and we hung out a lot. Was so much fun to spend time with her, and what is funny is we only live about 4 hours away from each other, but we met in Vegas!

I'm on Facebook if anyone wants to friend me. I'm JENNDIGGY there as well. (There's a number of people with my name, but if you type in Jenndiggy that will pull me up.) I have LOTS of photos there, including of my Russia trip, my Goya win, ice cream parties, and more.

My 20th high school reunion was in 2011. Let's not talk about how old I'm getting. . . . moving on. . .

The only trips I currently have planned is I'm HOPING I can do the Russia/Mongolia trip next summer and after going to one sweepstakes convention, I can't imagine NOT going to won (I mean going to one.) so I' planning on Salt Lake in June.

Oh, a funny sweeping story is I just KNEW I was going to win a GP while in Russia. I asked my friends if they knew where the American consulate was because I'd be needing paperwork notarized. (That's how sure I was.) I was about an hour from stepping out the door to head to Russia, and I got an e-mail in that I won $2,000 cash. I frantically e-mailed the lady and asked if she could PLEASE e-mail me the paperwork so I could get it notarized before I left the country. Thankfully she did, and I didn't need the American consulate after all!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Wow...thanks for the updates...and Hi ...so many questions...Bone infection???? From an injury??? Sorry to hear your Mom is not doing well...And all your wins inspire me congrats!!

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
jenndiggy
Sweep Fanatic

I'd like to know myself what caused the bone infection. The oral surgeon said it could have even been from me cutting my gum while eating a potato chip -- she said it could have been caused by ANYTHING.

The night I won the Goya money, I went to bed and knew something was wrong and woke myself up in the night SCREAMING in pain. (My screams woke me, not the pain, which I found odd!) But I got a "cold" in August of last year, and it turned into a nasty "sinus infection" on that same side of my head. My NEW doctor said the "sinus infection" was really the bone infection and that my old doc threw so many antibiotics at it that it kept it somewhat calmed down until it got out of hand in February. And I don't have medical insurance -- I've tried but can't find anywhere that will insure me. I think that's one reason my old doctor waited so long and gave me so many antibiotics before telling me to go to the ER. Him misdiagnosing me and waiting that long almost killed me. Honestly, if I didn't get the spe******t I did who treated it so aggressively I wonder if I would still be here. I really thought I was dying in the ER.

I was so thankful when 2011 ended because it seemed like such a hard year, but really, the hardest months of our lives were probably November through April.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Jenn...sounds like 2011 was a horrible year for you...and 2012 a little better and well...may 2013 be your best year ever

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
CCMama
Sweep Fanatic
1/04 MOTM

CCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Jenn! I remember you also...hope everything get better and better for you
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #12
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Jenn, that's a bunch of really almost terrible adventures...

Ok, some were are good (bet that cash helped alot) ... but I have a pastor friend who got a bad infection (in NC) and he goes to the Dr. for IV anti-biotics still. I mean he spent a lot of time in the hospital and now he still see's infection spe******t and gets those IV's and with NO end in sight (yet) to be free of that.

Those terrible infections scare me. I mean you just never know who will get one and why. And it's sad when the Dr's can't diagnose properly. My grandson went to ER twice (from Dr's office) before they "realized" he had bronchitis -- (oh yeah, I have a grandson now 14 months)....

AND want to talk OLD, I just went to my 40th HS Reunion (2011).

Loved reading about your adventures... sorry some of them were terrible!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Jenn, nice to "see" you here again. So sorry to hear about the problems you and your mom have had. I know that the dialysis is no fun at all. My mom was on dialysis for a while and when I was in town with her I'd go with her some.

Please keep posting. I love that you always enjoy travel. I hope you get to take the trip you planned next summer.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #14
rockyroad777
Sweep Fanatic

rockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant future
Hello everyone, I am back also. Been a tough few years. I take care of my ailing Mother. She has had several heart attacks, cancer, stroke and diabetes. However is is doing fairly well. Since I have been on here, My father passed. My big brother passed and several other family members passed. My house flooded and was ruined. I have had a heart scare also. I missed you all so much I had to find the money to start up again. Things are going well for the time being, Thank the Lord......so, I just thought I'd let you all know I will be around...May be absent a little more here and there, as I still take care of Mama...but I am so happy to be in on the goings on again....Much love to you all..........donna

love and prayers to all
donna
rockyroad777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

Welcome back Donna..... sorry to hear of the sadness you've had to bear in the last few years.

Taking care of mom with all those issues too can be stressful - so remember to take some time for yourself and doing that here will be fine with all of us.

We've slimmed down some (our group) but we are still a family!

Thanks for returning... I'm glad your back!