RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Welcome New Members - Introduce Yourself
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
maria
Sweep Fanatic
9/02 MOTM

maria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Hello again!

Wow, it's been WAAAYY too long since I've been "home." I'm not even sure if anyone will remember me. Life has certainly taken me in many directions since I was a member here. In the past 6 or 7 years (gosh, it HAS been a while!!), I went back to college and earned my Bachelor's degree; my sons have graduated high school -- one is in college and one in trade school now; and am now preparing for a move to Mississippi to work at a Non-profit. I am very sad to report that I lost my husband in 2007. We had separated for a long while but were talking about reconciling when the tragedy occurred. It has been a rollercoaster ride of life's ups and downs, but I feel that things are truly on track now. I really missed RHSS! With full-time college courses, full-time work, and full-time teenage boys, I hardly had time to even check my email much less enter sweeps. Hopefully, I will be back for a while now. It feels so nice to be back!
It's about getting out there and dancing in the rain
maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Maria, welcome back!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
tmy56
Sweep Fanatic
4/04 MOTM
1/09 MOTM

tmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Maria - it's good to see you again!
I'm sorry to hear about your husband - you are so right about life's ups & downs.
Great news about your boys & your degree - and good luck on your move & new job!
Wishing you a win very soon!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Maria,
Welcome Back..... we LOVE return-ees ... because they will always be family.

Well, I can understand not having any time.
GREAT job on completing your Bachelor's degree -- what did you get it in? I am just over curious what people are choosing these days because so many people seem to be going in directions that I feel are not going to get them a job (thinking nieces and nephews here). They graduate and then they go back for a Masters because they can't find a job and it's the only way Mom and Dad will let them live at home, or pay(help pay) for their education.

My news... I have a grandson... I know ... I know.. but I waited a freeking long time for a grandkid.... and he's a light in my life .... he's 17 months (his dad is 34).

Can't wait to hear more... you have lots of years to catch us up on! As we might also have for you!

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
kmac
Sweep Fanatic

kmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Maria,
Don't worry, everyone here has been on that roller coaster of life with you. Glad to see you posting again, and congrats on the degree. It represents a lot of hard work. Now, you might just get some play time every once in a while. Hope you have a few nice wins now that you are with us again!

Karen
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
maria
Sweep Fanatic
9/02 MOTM

maria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond reputemaria has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

It was so nice to get up and log into RHHS again!

ToyStory, I got my degrees in Sociology and Psychology. Usually, a Master's is preferred (though not necessary) with either of those, but for the job I'm taking, I won't need that -- although I'm still considering pursuing that in the future.

I can't wait to hear how everyone has been over the last few years, meet new members and read about all of the amazing wins! My son was excited that I had joined here again. I have won some pretty amazing things in the past (like a bike, computer, Lego sets, lots of candy, lol) and he's ready for me to win some more. I missed the sense of community here -- the kindness, compassion, and family dynamic. I will never forget the prayers and support I received when I had to evacuate for the hurricane in 2005 -- it was overwhelming and touched me deeply.

So, if you come across my little post and have a few minutes, please let me know how you've been and what you've been up to! Happy Sweeping everyone!
Click here to remove this ad
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Hi Maria.....Welcome back

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Maria....
The "landscape" in sweeping has changed. There are so many more Facebook Contest/giveaways -- many by smaller companies -- but also the larger companies are using Facebook too. Some only run from for a day to a week. Some run daily (one prize a day) and the longest that I have seen is a month.

They are winnable tho. I won a trip to St. Paul, MN last year for the RedBull Crashed Ice Competition from BMW Mini... It was a spectacular trip - even tho one wouldn't think so going to St. Paul in the winter!

Also pretty popular are the texting and tweeting and the blog giveaways. The only type I haven't won is a text one!

I am so glad you found a job too, so many people are still having trouble with that -- hope you will have a easy move and a job you can love!

AND... I join with the others hoping you get a win very soon!

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Maria, it's so nice to see you back again! I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Best wishes on the new job.

I hope you have a great win soon. Life goes on the same for me...we have 3 Afghan Hounds now so that keeps us on our toes.

You may not have heard, but our beloved Pippizan past away not long ago. She hadn't been frequenting the site and had many health problems. All of us "old timers" miss her.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
maria
Sweep Fanatic
9/02 MOTM

Hi Judy!! It's so nice to hear from you!

My heart just dropped when I read about Pip. She was a class act and a very special person. We used to message back and forth and she always had such wonderful advice for me. She will be truly missed. I am just so very sorry to hear about this great loss.

I am glad to be back here, and hope to reconnect with the "old timers" and meet some new ones. I hope to see lots of posts in the Winners & Braggers from all here.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria
Hi Judy!! It's so nice to hear from you!

My heart just dropped when I read about Pip. She was a class act and a very special person. We used to message back and forth and she always had such wonderful advice for me. She will be truly missed. I am just so very sorry to hear about this great loss.

I am glad to be back here, and hope to reconnect with the "old timers" and meet some new ones. I hope to see lots of posts in the Winners & Braggers from all here.

I will have to say Hi here because I don't post that often in winners and braggers.

Welcome back, and good luck!!