RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Post Newsletter Subscribers ~ Please Read!

This is included at the top of today's newsletter but just in case you don't get around to looking at it this week or overlook it, I wanted to make sure everyone knows what's happening.

We're changing our newsletter over to a new database this week and this will require action on your part if you wish to continue receiving it. You will NOT automatically be resubscribed and it will only take a second of your time.

Go to http://www.redhotsweeps.com/news2.htm to submit your email address. You'll receive a confirmation email that will contain a link that you MUST click on to confirm your subscription. If you do not follow these steps, then today's newsletter will be the last one you'll receive from us.

Thanks and hope to see you on the new list!

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 08:23 PM   #2
jewel33
Sweep Fanatic
6/03 MOTM

jewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm signed up!
jewel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 10:06 PM   #3
waterfowl
Charter Member

waterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to behold
Done, got to have my newsletter.
waterfowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 01-19-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
kambicon
Sweep Fanatic

kambicon  has not received any ratings yet
I already signed up. Love my newsletter.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:55 AM   #5
sprout7802
Sweep Fanatic

sprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant future
i signed up, thanks 4 the notice!
sprout7802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:21 AM   #6
nannyv
Sweep Fanatic
2/09 MOTM

nannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, went in and signed up. Sure would hate to miss the newsletters. I always enjoy them.
nannyv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:00 AM   #7
farmwife
Sweep Fanatic

farmwife is just really nicefarmwife is just really nicefarmwife is just really nicefarmwife is just really nicefarmwife is just really nice
Glad you gave the heads up because I was going to be busy and might never have read it. I just signed up.
farmwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:27 AM   #8
fyregirl
Sweep Fanatic

fyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud of
Me too -- I really look forward to it!
fyregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:34 AM   #9
Evermore
Sweep Fanatic

Evermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond repute
It's still going to be a list from your site to our mailboxes (and as spam-free as in the past), right? No Listserv or Topica or other professional list service used, right? Just thought I'd ask, since no one else has.
Evermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:29 AM   #10
milta
Sweep Fanatic

milta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud of
Linda--

When I clicked on the link in my e-mail newsletter (to sign up again for the newsletter) this came up:

Looks like you have tried to reach a page
that no longer exists or has been moved.

Please click on the link below to be taken
to the Red Hot Sweeps Homepage

I came here directly after so I could sign up regardless -- this is my favorite site.

Milta
Old 01-20-2003, 11:07 AM   #11
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Evermore
It's still going to be a list from your site to our mailboxes (and as spam-free as in the past), right? No Listserv or Topica or other professional list service used, right? Just thought I'd ask, since no one else has.

The newsletter will still be directly from us. We're not changing it to go thru a third party. Still direct from our server to you.

We were using a somewhat complicated script from what I understand - (majordomo) - Chris cringed everytime I asked him if it could do this or do that and his answer was always "NO!". He got "smart" and wrote a mail program of his own so now it's only limited by his programming knowledge.

We've been in the process this weekend of changing servers. If you came to the forum at any time and we were down, that's the reason. We found out that our server equipment had become outdated to get the software that Chris needs to get updated/installed. So he's having to move all our sites one-by-one and databases one-by-one onto the new server. To make a long story short, instead of re-installing the current mail program on the new server (which is a pain in the you-know-where), he's taking advantage of this move to start using his own program for RHSS.

Also on the new maillist, the reason it requires you to click on the link in the email after you sign up is to make it a double opt-in list. Each email going out will have the date that you originally signed up from now on. And it should stop people from signing up and then saying they didn't after 6 months of receiving it. These people can be a real pain when you're on our end. In other words, only the person that has complete control over an email address can signup and receive our newsletters from now on.

Quote:
Originally posted by milta
Linda--

When I clicked on the link in my e-mail newsletter (to sign up again for the newsletter) this came up:

Looks like you have tried to reach a page
that no longer exists or has been moved.

Please click on the link below to be taken
to the Red Hot Sweeps Homepage

I came here directly after so I could sign up regardless -- this is my favorite site.

Milta

I don't what happened to my link in the newsletter but we have had quite a few write to say the same thing. I think it had something to do with the email software that some people use and also a lot of AOL users.

Just be sure to click on the link in the email you get after you sign up or you will NOT be subscribed. If you don't get the email, then that means that you probably typed your email address in incorrectly. And if that link is cut into 2 lines by your email software, be sure you cut and paste the whole URL into your browser or it won't work.

Old 01-20-2003, 12:07 PM   #12
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

I just sent out a follow-up email to all subscribers because we're still getting emails from people having problems signing up.

If you're not one of the ones having problems and have already signed up, please just delete it. The email had to go to all on the list or none.

Old 01-20-2003, 01:02 PM   #13
Evermore
Sweep Fanatic

Evermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond reputeEvermore has a reputation beyond repute
Double opt-in is great and makes RHSS a very responsible netizen! Thanks!
Old 01-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #14
Evermore
Sweep Fanatic

I did not respond to the 2nd email because the first one seemed to work fine. Today I got (4) copies of the NL. Should I do something or will this problem fix itself? I am on AOL, if that matters.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:19 PM   #15
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Linda, I also got 4 copies of the newsletter today!