RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Changes coming to RHSS

This does NOT effect the RHSS forum so don't panic!

Effective 8/17/03, we will be closing the RHSS Games section of the site. Participation in the last several months in people playing the games and entering to win prizes in this section have dropped off so much that it's not beneficial to continue it any longer. The last two prizes scheduled to be given away is 8/10 and 8/17 so if you have LepreCoins in your game account, please enter them into the drawings or they'll be lost. After the last winner for prizes has been notified and claimed their prize, all game accounts and personal information will be deleted from our site and records.

Effective 8/31/03, we will be closing the main pages of RHSS where I list individual sweeps to other sites. RHSS was the first site that our business opened in 1998. Over the last couple of years, as most of you know, earnings for RHSS has dropped to almost nothing. It does not generate enough income to cover it's expenses and there is nothing to indicate that our type of site will ever recover to make a profit any time in the future. As a business, we had to make a decision to close the site that doesn't generate income so that we can focus on the other sites we have that do produce.

The RHSS forum will stay open and nothing will change on it. Even though there is no income generated by the forum and only an occasional donation to help offset expenses, I can't fatham closing a forum that has so many good friends and sweeps knowledge to be spread out elsewhere. During the rest of the month, I will be going thru the listings on the site and post them on the forum if they have not already been posted so they won't be lost.

I wish we could have continued forever but me and Chris can't continue to put both our time and money into it since I depend on our sites for my sole income and supplementing Chris'.

Thank you all for supporting us over these past 5 years.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 05:32 PM   #2
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Linda, sorry you had to make those tough decisions.

I know I rarely play or enter the games (but I will use some of my coins for the remaining ones). And I was just thinking yesterday how rarely I look at the main page...this forum is my "addiction" and I would miss it terribly if it were gone!
Old 08-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
iowakat
Sweep Fanatic
9/05 MOTM
12/11 MOTM

iowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry, too, but I agree with Judy. The forums are where I go. I try to remember to hit the botiques when I'm shopping but I hardly ever go to the home page or the games anymore.

I've written a note and I'll get a donation in the mail next week. I don't want the forums to have to shut down, too. I really appreciate all the work Linda, Chris and the 'maderators' do to keep it running smoothly.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #4
jewel33
Sweep Fanatic
6/03 MOTM

jewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond repute
I totally understand why the decision had to be made. I REALLY appreciate the forum staying open; this is my 'home away from home" and I would really miss it if it weren't here
jewel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #5
cookiebear1987
Sweep Fanatic

cookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant futurecookiebear1987 has a brilliant future
I'm really sorry to hear this- I don't go anywhere but the forums also. I would be interested in making a donation- if someone would let me know how to go about it. Is it something you can do monthly or just whenever you want to. I've only been here a couple of months, but, I can't go even one day without visiting this site! You guys really make my day!!
cookiebear1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #6
TexasCathy
Sweep Fanatic
7/03 MOTM

TexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant futureTexasCathy has a brilliant future
That had to be a hard thing to do. I am SOOOO glad you are keeping the forum open. I try to remember to hit the links when I shop and you are on my calendar to remind me to send my small donation. When I subscribed to Sweepsheet, it made me think this site is worth at least that much to me. And the more I watch people bicker on other boards and see how darn nice this group is, the more value I see here! Thanks for everything you guys do, Linda and Chris.
TexasCathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 08-02-2003, 06:59 PM   #7
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
This is a class place, run by class people, and home to a lot of class people. I hope that you are able to hang in there.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:19 PM   #8
missdenise
Sweep Fanatic

missdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond repute
Just an idea

I know $ can be tight for many of us. But what about donating some unwanted prizes to RHSS? Maybe if we set up some sort of
prize auction and the proceeds would go to keeping the forum up and running. I know I have a prize or two that I would be willing to donate. It's just an idea??

I would be lost without this forum, especially the coke music support group.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:39 PM   #9
frogfan12
Sweep Fanatic

frogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant futurefrogfan12 has a brilliant future
Thank you for the forum

I realize this must have been a difficult decision for you, so I would like to say thank you for keeping the forum going. I too no longer go to the games section, although I did long before I became a memeber of the forum. I would be very lost if I didnt have this site to come to, my enjoyment goes beyond the contest listings. I feel a part of a huge extended family and have come to rely on the advice postings and the smiles I get from some others. My membership is still faily new, and yet I feel as if its been years that Ive belonged. So much to comment on this, but Im finding it difficult to find the right words without appearing dumb.
Again, thank you Linda and Chris, and all the moderators and members that make this site so special.
Hmmm....I was thinking....would it be beneficial to make this site a fee membership? I mean maybe a modest monthly or yearly fee which would help defray the cost of running the forum. I would be VERY happy to be a part of that. Just an idea.....
Jeannie
frogfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 07:52 PM   #10
csbondell
Sweep Fanatic
12/06 MOTM

csbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant futurecsbondell has a brilliant future
Sorry about the decision you have made...I also have not been going to the games...but the forum is my way of life...I enjoy reading about everyones wins and love how friendly we all are....
Old 08-02-2003, 08:09 PM   #11
halfadonut
Sweep Fanatic
1/10 MOTM

halfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant futurehalfadonut has a brilliant future
Thank you Linda and Chris for all the hard work that you have put into this site all these years. I am so glad that you are able to keep the forum going. I enjoy it so much.
Dennie
halfadonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:11 PM   #12
beachmomnc
Sweep Fanatic
8/06 MOTM

beachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant future
It's always such a shame to see any part of a great site close...but thanks SO MUCH for keeping the forums open. I have won several great prizes thru the links provided. And many thanks to all of you for your hard work. Keep up the great work! Although I also frequent ************* this site has always been my favorite and was the first one that hooked me on sweeping..(is that a good thing?)!!! Thanks again and good luck

Far be it for me to explain why a woman's hand should fit the lawnmower but a man's hand cannot fit the vacuum!

I'll enjoy running the vacuum when I can ride on it!!!
beachmomnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:12 PM   #13
blondie99
Sweep Fanatic

blondie99 is a splendid one to beholdblondie99 is a splendid one to beholdblondie99 is a splendid one to beholdblondie99 is a splendid one to beholdblondie99 is a splendid one to beholdblondie99 is a splendid one to beholdblondie99 is a splendid one to behold
fee

I would be happy to pay a monthly or yearly fee to keep the site open.There is no other site that I like better than this one.I didn't use the games but I alwaycheck the sweeps & forums daily. I would be lost without your site.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:26 PM   #14
karendmom
Sweep Fanatic

karendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud ofkarendmom has much to be proud of
I'm sorry that you had to make these tough decisions, but understand completely. Sure hope I can get a win in from the games before you shut them down LOL. And I try to donate when I can. Thank you for keeping the forum open - this is a truly wonderful site!
karendmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:11 AM   #15
Cat
Charter Member

Cat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

This was a very sad thing to learn about; I'll be very sorry to see the sweeps site go. After five years it has become a part of my life! With apologies to the great Bob Hope,
"Thanks for the memory..."
of popping leprechauns
and sweeping, late - night yawns,
then waking up to see what's new,
and posted by the Ditty crew;
Thank you, so much!

Glad to hear you'll stick with the forum!