RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2003, 12:41 AM   #16
jacvil
Sweep Fanatic

jacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond reputejacvil has a reputation beyond repute
Linda - I am so happy you have decided to keep the forums open! There are so many friendly people here, feels like being part of a family. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into keeping the forum up and running!
Old 08-03-2003, 01:15 AM   #17
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure sorry that you were faced with such a tough decision Linda. I do so appreciate you keeping the forum open.

I agree with the others, whatever we can do to help, just let us know. I tried to send the little bit of paypal money I had accumulated several weeks ago, and it just did not work. I use paypal so rarely, I think they must have changed things up somewhat. I guess I should research it.

Thanks to you and Chris and the wonderful moderators and maderator you have selected to lead our little family~it is by far the best site on the internet!
Old 08-03-2003, 01:56 AM   #18
billwinsbig
Sweep Fanatic
6/02 MOTM
2/07 MOTM

billwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond repute
R.I.P.Drop Poker....I was hooked on that game long before I accidently hit the forum button and fell for Julie's intoxicating smile and computer wisdom.Rock on and God bless the big boss lady!!
Old 08-03-2003, 06:41 AM   #19
mstaken00
Charter Member
2/05 MOTM
2/08 MOTM

mstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy How sad

Linda & Chris,

I understand completely. RHSS has become a large part of my life. Thank you for keeping the forum up and running. This must be a very difficult choice and a necessary one.

Pam
mstaken00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:16 AM   #20
ababe28
Sweep Fanatic
1/06 MOTM
7/10 MOTM

ababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond repute
Well wouldn't ya know it? Just when I had to go cold turkey on my Spelling Bee game because I couldn't get it to boot up, it's going anyway.....

Thanks Linda and Chris for all the hard work, time, effort and $$ you put into this great site. I too, am happy you decided to keep the forums open...
Old 08-03-2003, 10:26 AM   #21
sprout7802
Sweep Fanatic

sprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant futuresprout7802 has a brilliant future
wow, that's too bad about having to close the games, although I too, do not really play them very much.

Also I am sad to hear about the main page, but I too only click on the forum and cannot live without it!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much for keeping it open, I love this place and feel blessed to have found such a great home away from home here at RHSS!!

Thank you!!

Jenifer
sprout7802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 08-03-2003, 10:47 AM   #22
onehotmama
Sweeper

onehotmama  has not received any ratings yet
Even though I have only been a member for a short time, I am disappointed to hear the news. The forum is where I always go, so glad that will stay. If anyone comes up with an idea to help, donations, etc., count me in. The people here on this site are the most welcoming and encouraging anywhere.
onehotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #23
jewel33
Sweep Fanatic
6/03 MOTM

jewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond reputejewel33 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by onehotmama
Even though I have only been a member for a short time, I am disappointed to hear the news. The forum is where I always go, so glad that will stay. If anyone comes up with an idea to help, donations, etc., count me in. The people here on this site are the most welcoming and encouraging anywhere.

A lot of people don't realize it, but right on the main page of the site on the right are two donation buttons - one allows you to donate through Amazon; the other allows you to donate through Paypal. Every little bit helps, even $1

http://www.redhotsweeps.com

EDIT: Actually, there are three buttons, the third allows you to donate through C2It (a Citibank network)
jewel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 03:03 PM   #24
waterfowl
Charter Member

waterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to behold
I just wanted to say thank you for having such a great site here. And giving me hours of enjoyment over the years. Thank you for keeping the forums. I understand that things change, hope things get better.

I have $1.23 in my paypal, its on the way to you and Chris. Wish it was more.
waterfowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 08-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #25
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
I appreciate all the comments and support from all of you.

In answer to some of the questions asked --

We thought about making the forum "fee or paid subscription based' in the past but I'm afraid we'd lose all but a handful of members whether it be because of personal funds or not wanting to pay for membership. I just don't think this would work at this time.

Anyone wanting to donate $$ to help defray the costs of the forum, we have placed a Paypal button at the bottom of every page of the forum so it doesn't have to be searched for. When you click on it, the form is already filled out for you except for the amount you wish to send. If you want to send a check and don't have our address, just send me a private message and I'll let you know what it is. (Although our address can be found on the Internet, I don't want it posted on the forum for all the search engines to pick up and publish it for obvious reasons.)

I have also linked all our affiliated shopping sites at the bottom of each forum page, too. When you shop anywhere on the Internet (don't forget Christmas is getting close!) please consider checking our sites out before you make your purchases. The merchants we're affiliated with us pay us a commission on your purchases.

I'm a little disappointed and happy at the same time to hear that the sweeps listed on the main site isn't being used. I'm disappointed because, even tho I've slowed up and not posted every day in the last couple of months like I used to, it does take me quite a bit of time when I do post them that I could have been doing productive work on another site. BUT I'm happy because seeing the response so far, I don't feel bad that I'm taking something away that's important to everyone. Guess I should have asked months ago whether anyone here used my listings!!

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #26
adnerb
Sweep Fanatic
7/04 MOTM
11/05 MOTM

adnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond reputeadnerb has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

sad to hear linda and chris! i used the front page sweeps daily and games sporadically. glad to see forum staying open i really enjoy it like a family! good luck in the future in everything you do! brenda
adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 05:08 PM   #27
loveto win
Sweep Fanatic

loveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for a great site. I wish advertisers would realize that I flip the page on magazines just like I don't click on all links. But they just don't seem to get it. I spend a lot more time looking at my computer screen than I do the tv screen during advertisements.

I want to thank you so much for this site both in the past and for keeping it open now. I have made true friends of the heart here.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:25 PM   #28
loveto win
Sweep Fanatic

loveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by jewel33
A lot of people don't realize it, but right on the main page of the site on the right are two donation buttons - one allows you to donate through Amazon; the other allows you to donate through Paypal. Every little bit helps, even $1

[)

The problem here clearly is that no one stops on the first page, we all just jump right to the forum and never look for the buttons. Good move to put the info on the forum pages.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:21 PM   #29
linda2000
Sweep Fanatic
7/07 MOTM
12/10 MOTM

linda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant futurelinda2000 has a brilliant future
Linda and Chris,

Thanks for all of your time and effort in maintaining this site. It is truly a place that I look forward to going to every day. I have always played the games (and recently won the Sephora lotion! ) but the main object of my affections has been the forums. I am so glad that you are keeping them open!

I will be making a donation to you through paypal.

Thanks again for a super site!
linda2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #30
spootymom
Sweep Fanatic

spootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond reputespootymom has a reputation beyond repute
Linda and Chris,
Sorry for the hard decision you had to make but I am also happy that you decided to keep the forums! Thanx so much for letting me part of the family!