RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2003, 11:02 PM   #46
ptreskovich
Sweep Addict

ptreskovich is on a distinguished road
Angry closing your site

So sorry you must close your main site, I really enjoyed all the info here. Will the address of the forum area be redhotsweeps.com? Pat
ptreskovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:22 PM   #47
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
here is the link for the forum.

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/
Old 08-11-2003, 11:25 PM   #48
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Re: closing your site

Quote:
Originally posted by ptreskovich
So sorry you must close your main site, I really enjoyed all the info here. Will the address of the forum area be redhotsweeps.com? Pat

You can always come straight to the forum at the link that Pip posted but there will also be a homepage for RHSS. It will be redone and won't have the sweeps links in the middle of the page but there will be one so you can continue to come to us at http://www.redhotsweeps.com . That won't change.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 08-12-2003, 01:05 AM   #49
peekatu
Sweep Fanatic

peekatu is a splendid one to beholdpeekatu is a splendid one to beholdpeekatu is a splendid one to beholdpeekatu is a splendid one to beholdpeekatu is a splendid one to beholdpeekatu is a splendid one to beholdpeekatu is a splendid one to beholdpeekatu is a splendid one to behold
I'm so very sorry you have to close the homepage, though I do understand. RHSS is one of the first places I discovered when I first started sweeping about 5 yrs ago. Although I did jump to the forums at the end of April I still use the homepage( no your efforts are not wasted). I would like to say that your pages have been the most organized and easy to navigate of any that I had found. I rarely shop online, but will you still have the links to go through so that you get the credit if we shop online? Thanks for all your hard work over the years and thanks for keeping the forums open.
peekatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:57 AM   #50
RavenZ
Charter Member

RavenZ is a splendid one to beholdRavenZ is a splendid one to beholdRavenZ is a splendid one to beholdRavenZ is a splendid one to beholdRavenZ is a splendid one to beholdRavenZ is a splendid one to beholdRavenZ is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

I'm also sorry to hear the news. God bless.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:22 PM   #51
rlinx5
Sweep Fanatic

rlinx5 is a splendid one to beholdrlinx5 is a splendid one to beholdrlinx5 is a splendid one to beholdrlinx5 is a splendid one to beholdrlinx5 is a splendid one to beholdrlinx5 is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear the terrible news. First Huronline then Robin's site I forget the name now and soon RHSS. I would have thought as the other websites closed RHSS would have got many new members and the dwindling pool of internet ad money. Well I am glad the forums are staying up they are mostly what I use at RHSS, though I do sometimes go through the "What's New" section from the main page. Thanks for having such a great site for so long with so many great members and characters.

Good Luck
Richard L
rlinx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 06:02 PM   #52
loverly
Sweep Fanatic

loverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud ofloverly has much to be proud of
thank you linda and chris for all your hard work and effort. im sad to see the main site go ....just speaking for my self this economy has got us real tight and having this place (forum) to go helps not only does it give me the hope of winning something i cant afford but when im stressed or sad i can vent or tell a story and there are always people right there to cheer me up without judging me or putting me down.i have never seen a rude comment or a hurtful comment..this site is not only about sweeps its a place for us to come and be loved for who and what we are no strings attached....thank you so much for all your hard work i will try to make a donation..you guys are wonderful ..you do more then just run a site for us you run a fellowship

good better best never let it rest till your good is your better and your better is your best!
loverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:14 AM   #53
vranab
Sweeper

vranab  has not received any ratings yet
Unhappy Other sites

Sorry to hear about the closing of the sweeps listing pages. I'm sure it was difficult to do. As another message said, first Huronline and now RHSS - my (formerly) 2 favorite sweeps sites.

What other sites do people use to find sweeps (besides the forums here)? When one site closes, I always try to find another site that has similar info. Most sweeps appear on most of the sites, but not all, so I usually check several sites.

The ones I use (just to get this exchange going) are:

[snipped by admin] (not sure why the url is being changed to asterisks - the *** should be "[snipped by admin]" without the spaces in between)
[snipped by admin]

Thanks in advance for any new sites you can add.

Bruce

[edited by admin - Bruce, you need to read the rules of the forum before posting. You would have seen this -
Links to other sweepstakes listing sites, freebie sites, deal sites, and forums for sweepstakes, freebies or deals are not allowed on RHSS forum.]
vranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:52 PM   #54
beachmomnc
Sweep Fanatic
8/06 MOTM

beachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant futurebeachmomnc has a brilliant future
main page closing

When the main page closes on Aug. 31 will our link to the site change? I'm sure everyone has the site on the desktop for easy access...when we click it will a page come up where we can access the forums or will a new link be necessary.

Sure do hate to see this site change but thanks again for all the years of hard work .. if I can ever figure out how to post a sweeps I will try to be more active. Thanks again.

Far be it for me to explain why a woman's hand should fit the lawnmower but a man's hand cannot fit the vacuum!

I'll enjoy running the vacuum when I can ride on it!!!
beachmomnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:14 PM   #55
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the link that I use.. brings you right here. You could always add this one to your Favorites. For me it is my Home Page.

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/
Old 08-15-2003, 10:04 AM   #56
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Re: main page closing

Quote:
Originally posted by beachmomnc
When the main page closes on Aug. 31 will our link to the site change? I'm sure everyone has the site on the desktop for easy access...when we click it will a page come up where we can access the forums or will a new link be necessary.

Sure do hate to see this site change but thanks again for all the years of hard work .. if I can ever figure out how to post a sweeps I will try to be more active. Thanks again.

Like I've said previously, the main site page will still be there so you don't need to update your bookmarks unless you're linking directly to pages like What's New or the games or some other page within RHSS. And if you do happen to try to go to an inside page that doesn't exist, you'll just automatically get redirected to the homepage.

We are only removing the link listings and games that are on the main part of the site. We are NOT removing the homepage. It will only look different than it is today.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #57
rsbrandt
Sweep Fanatic

rsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud ofrsbrandt has much to be proud of
Like the rest, I've been sad to see more sweeps sites closing up shop (or going to a pay-only service, such as another sweeps site whose forum wasn't nearly as lively).

I hope this forum will continue to thrive, however. I can't believe it took me so long to get around to joining! With so many sweeps sites drying up it's become an even more invaluable source for new sweeps, and certainly the most engaging forum I've run across.