RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy If you're not receiving your forum emails, read this

If your email address that you have registered on the forum is an AOL address or Earthlink address or Comcast address, you probably are not receiving any emails from the forum nor will you receive the newsletter that is going out in a few minutes.

It seems that a spammer was able to find an open door on our server and used us to spam who knows how many people. Even though it was not us that did the spamming, AOL, Earthlink, Comcast and who knows what other ISPs, see us as the spammers and have put us on their blacklist.

In fact, we've had over 400 bounced emails in the last couple of days generated just from forum members having messages sent to them when someone posts on a thread that they're subscribed to and when they have the option checked to receive an email when they get a private message.

I don't know if there is anything we can do to get AOL, Earthlink and the others to start letting our emails get thru to users again. As far as they're concerned, we're the bad guys even though we personally have never sent one email that wasn't asked for. And once you get put on the blacklist, it's extremely hard to get off of.

They may listen to you since you're the receiver of our emails. If you want to get your forum notices or our emails and no longer get them, contact your ISP and demand that they let our emails get delivered to you.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
winnie
Sweep Fanatic

winnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond reputewinnie has a reputation beyond repute
Yes,never did get my PM from a member until I come to the RHSS site.Do that mean that we might need to look at a another ISP.My is with netscape but I got bellsouth as my ISP.
Truman
winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
linda, i'm w/ earthlink, and i received the newletter dated 08.31.03
no problem. i have not gotten any spam from you either. i do not have any emails set up from the forum tho.
beffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 09-01-2003, 07:01 PM   #4
loveto win
Sweep Fanatic

loveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond repute
I'm on AOL, no newsletter. I guess I'll change my address to my Yahoo address.