RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Forum emails ~ We think is fixed

I'm still holding my breath but as of about an hour and a half ago, Rackspace got our email problem taken care or so they say. And we've not had any bounces since then so things look good. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed!!

If you had your preferences set up to receive emails when someone sent you a private message OR if you had your default set to receive an email when someone posts on a thread after you've posted to it, AND you don't start getting your emails, you can blame me. Chris has already fussed at me for doing it but I thought I was doing something to help. We had already gotten over 1,000 bounces so to stop them coming in, I went into the database and changed the settings on the preferences of the ones that were hitting heavy to not send emails.

So.... if you don't receive emails that you think you should, you'll need to check your forum preferences and set them back to "yes" on these spots:

Click on the "user cp" button at the top right of any page
Then Edit Options
Look for the following in the section "Messaging & Notification" --

To get emails when you receive a pm -
Go down to "Send you an email when you receive a Private Message?" - Click on Yes

If you want a popup to let you know that you have a pm when you get to the forum (or if someone sends you a pm while you are on the forum), click Yes on "Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?"

If you want to receive an email when someone replies to a thread that you have posted in (whether you started the thread or not), click Yes on "Use 'Email Notification' by default?"

If you don't want any emails on any of this (or a specific one), then click the "No" spot where appropriate.

Sorry for all the problems folks. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Oh and if you are a new member and did not receive your email after you registered to confirm your registration, please send an email to webmaster@redhotsweeps.com and I'll have the system send you another so you can complete your registration and be able to post.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote