RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2003, 03:01 PM   #1
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Post Attention Everyone!!!!!

Unless something unforeseen happens, Chris is going to try and install the upgrade to the new forum tomorrow - 1/1/04.

The forum could be down as long as 6+ hours while he upgrades. The reason for it taking sooooo long and why the forum has to be closed down while he's upgrading is because he has to copy the whole database which has all the posts in it. The database can't have posts made to it or modified while you're copying it. Then we'll have to make all the changes we want to the functionality and the way it looks and that will take some time.

So, tomorrow when you come and see that you can't get in (there should be a notice come up to tell you), get off the computer and take some time to relax, be with the family or for those that overindulge tonight, nurse the hangover so you can start entering like mad later in the day.

If problems crop up and something happens that he can't upgrade, we'll update you.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 03:16 PM   #2
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
No problem Boss Lady... is it gonna be Blue or Green??
Old 12-31-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Forgot that I need to mention this too. I don't know if this will be done this weekend or later but if you see the number of members drop way down, we may delete the inactive ones just to help with the size of the database. We have had a huge number of people sign up, look around after they sign up and then never return and this goes back to 2001. I know some of you (Brad) look at the number of members we have so don't freak if the number drops dramatically.

Click here to remove this ad
Old 12-31-2003, 03:18 PM   #4
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by d7dot
No problem Boss Lady... is it gonna be Blue or Green??

It'll be green just like it is now. Green means $$, right?? Besides, I don't want to redesign the whole site for everything to blend!!

Old 12-31-2003, 03:21 PM   #5
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Gotcha. Plus all the other sites will be Green with envy when you are finished...
Old 12-31-2003, 05:07 PM   #6
Aerogirl
Sweep Fanatic

Aerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Ok But I'll miss you while you're down- ps please don't delete me!
Aerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:10 PM   #7
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

Pls don't delete me - I will try to post more often, I promise...
Old 12-31-2003, 05:15 PM   #8
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Well, if you've been really, really good this year.... ok, ya'll can stay.

The only ones that get deleted will be ones that signed up at least several months ago, never made a post and also hasn't returned to the forum in the last several months. No active member, whether a poster or not, will be deleted.

Old 12-31-2003, 05:34 PM   #9
mommyrock
Sweeper

mommyrock is a splendid one to beholdmommyrock is a splendid one to beholdmommyrock is a splendid one to beholdmommyrock is a splendid one to beholdmommyrock is a splendid one to beholdmommyrock is a splendid one to beholdmommyrock is a splendid one to beholdmommyrock is a splendid one to behold
I am lurking, but I am here.... in spirit....
Old 12-31-2003, 05:52 PM   #10
rubyreddy
Sweep Fanatic

rubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud ofrubyreddy has much to be proud of
Thank you and happy posting!
rubyreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:00 PM   #11
lovemydogs
Sweep Fanatic
7/09 MOTM

lovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant futurelovemydogs has a brilliant future
I pop in and read almost every day, just don't have much time to post! Wouldn't want to be deleted, so I'm posting now!!!!
lovemydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:30 PM   #12
jorobello
Sweep Fanatic
5/10 MOTM

jorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond reputejorobello has a reputation beyond repute
20,000 post

Brad, I was out there, lurking, when you made the 10,000 post,

How long do you think it will take you to make it to 20,000??

Here's Hopeing that all your future posts are about wins.

And here's hopeing EVERYBODY will be able to post, the Win of

their dreams.. And a healthly New Year

Fran
jorobello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:47 PM   #13
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for letting us know Linda.

Hope the transition goes smoothly and quickly Chris

I'm sure the is rather disappointed that he will lose those 6 hours in his quest to reach 20,000
Old 01-01-2004, 10:46 AM   #14
mellsworth
Sweep Fanatic
3/10 MOTM

mellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond reputemellsworth has a reputation beyond repute
having been posting much lately, but I'm always here lurking around.
Just curious as to whether these changes will also be a change to your IP address? Still have my ongoing problem with my ISP blocking
mellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:03 AM   #15
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

Chris or Linda would have to answer that definitively, but my guess is that if they stay with RackSpace the IP won't change.