RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2004, 11:12 PM   #46
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty
I can't find the pattern to when the little drop down preview box appears when setting the cursor on a thread listing after my new post search. Usually It works , but sometimes it just won't drop down. If I get it to drop down on a different thread, then I can return and it usually will work for me.
I don't understand what drop down preview box you're referring to. Can you be a little more specific?

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:13 PM   #47
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout7802
oh my goodness, this place looks so different, I am glad that you guys put the effort in for our enjoyment, you had me worried there 4 a minute when the forum wouldn't come up.......

I went away for a night with the family and didn't get to see the warning, lol just glad everyone's back and together!!!
See what happens when you turn your back for just a minute??

Old 01-01-2004, 11:15 PM   #48
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beffers
i might of missed it, but is there a view new threads link? that's what i clicked on every time i came here. i'll really miss it if it's gone.
Beffers, look up at the top of the page. See the dark green bar going across the page? See "New Posts"? Click on it.

Click here to remove this ad
Old 01-01-2004, 11:16 PM   #49
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda
I don't understand what drop down preview box you're referring to. Can you be a little more specific?
When I have the list of new posts, if I set the cursor on the title of each thread ... sometimes I get a drop down box with the first lines of the post on a yellow background. Maybe the first 2 or 3 sentences in the space allotted. I do not click, just place the cursor on the line. If it appears, it only stays for a few seconds.
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:27 PM   #50
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Betty, look up at the top of the page. There is a dark green bar going across the page. See the words "Quick Links"? Click on it. The second item on it is "Mark Forums Read". click on it.
Thank you Linda
That qualifies as right under my nose. BTW, when I returned a second time I was auto logged in so guess I didn't do it right the first time.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:33 PM   #51
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
finally figured that out, sorry about posting the question in the wrong thread to begin with. keepin ya pretty busy, aren't we? win any money last night?
beffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:43 PM   #52
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty
When I have the list of new posts, if I set the cursor on the title of each thread ... sometimes I get a drop down box with the first lines of the post on a yellow background. Maybe the first 2 or 3 sentences in the space allotted. I do not click, just place the cursor on the line. If it appears, it only stays for a few seconds.
Don't have a concrete answer as to why it does some times and not at others. It does that on me too. I just tested it on different threads and it looks like it only works on the threads that you haven't read. So maybe that's the clue. I do like that new feature. Don't have to go into the thread to see if you want to read it or not.

Old 01-01-2004, 11:46 PM   #53
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beffers
finally figured that out, sorry about posting the question in the wrong thread to begin with. keepin ya pretty busy, aren't we? win any money last night?
Yup, busy, busy. Just got a couple more emails in from members not being able to log in.

Last nite?? They saw me coming and said, "Sucker coming!!! Turn the machines to OFF!" :LOL It was nice to get away for a while tho and they did keep us supplied with champaign.

Old 01-02-2004, 05:49 AM   #54
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Hey - troublemaker indeed. I thought that it was probably something like that..
Old 01-02-2004, 05:50 AM   #55
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, it took me awhile to find Quote Message in reply.. but where oh where is our MOTD listed???
Old 01-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #56
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

Quote:
Don't have a concrete answer as to why it does some times and not at others. It does that on me too. I just tested it on different threads and it looks like it only works on the threads that you haven't read. So maybe that's the clue

The randomness is more random than that. Sometimes it seems to work only on ones I have seen. Had me thinking it was using temporary files to show that preview except then it would randomly show new ones. I agree with you -- it is nice to have.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #57
rockyroad777
Sweep Fanatic

rockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant futurerockyroad777 has a brilliant future
i'm here mostly on weekends. i work about 50 hours a week outside of home so i don't get much of a chance to visit with you all, i do love to come in and read all the interesting things you all do. so please don't delete me either, i love you all....
rockyroad777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:28 AM   #58
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

I certainly appreciate that new posts remain as new posts in a search until I specifically mark them as read. Previously, I can't tell you how many times I would lose half of the search because the window got closed for whatever reason. When RL restricts regular browsing of posts, you can get pages of results. So far I havent had the search results update on me as I wade through my list. I have to click New posts to get it to update. Tricky because Marking all forums read will then mark posts that may not be in my list.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:49 PM   #59
fyregirl
Sweep Fanatic

fyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud offyregirl has much to be proud of
Wow!! I really like the new look! Features, too - sure is nice to have the quick reply back. Thanks, Linda and Chris, for all your hard work as usual.
fyregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:56 AM   #60
ibueli
Sweep Fanatic

ibueli is a splendid one to beholdibueli is a splendid one to beholdibueli is a splendid one to beholdibueli is a splendid one to beholdibueli is a splendid one to beholdibueli is a splendid one to beholdibueli is a splendid one to behold
Just wanted to say I haven't posted here before. Always "too busy" but really too shy. LOL Now that I'm recouping from surgery and heart attack hopefully I can become an active member. I just wanted to tell you I love what you've done with the site and wish everyone all the best.

Just call me shy.
ibueli is offline   Reply With Quote