RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Bug Reports for new forum upgrade

If you find anything you think are bugs since the upgrade, please post them here in this thread.

If you just have questions about new features or lost a function, please post them in them here - http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=49642

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Fixed

Unable to delete private messages after viewing it.

Old 01-01-2004, 11:37 PM   #3
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Fixed

I have been having problems posting new sweeps. Sometimes, if I post a link, then info, then try to post another link~it wipes out the info I posted and leaves just the 2 links.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:37 AM   #4
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Cindy, this one is going to be a Chris problem/answer and he's already gone to bed. He'll look at it tomorrow when he gets in from work and see if he can figure out what's going on.

Old 01-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #5
milta
Sweep Fanatic

milta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud ofmilta has much to be proud of
Hi Linda--
When I post a reply (not the shortcut, the regular screen), the post I am replying to appears in the box. It appears that I need to delete it before I write my reply, or the entire thing will be re-posted. (Before the upgrade, the reply box was blank.)

I like the fact you can quickly reply to messages now instead of waiting for a new screen to load.

Happy New Year!
Milta
Old 01-02-2004, 12:53 AM   #6
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda
Unable to delete private messages after viewing it.

I figured out how to delete pm's. Select the ones you want to delete, then at the bottom, there is a drop down box that says "Move to Folder". Use the drop down box to select delete, then press go.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #7
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaxwell
I figured out how to delete pm's. Select the ones you want to delete, then at the bottom, there is a drop down box that says "Move to Folder". Use the drop down box to select delete, then press go.
I assumed you were talking about the same problem with PM delete that I reported to Chris. There really is a bug in there. From the master list it works fine - but if you open a message to look at it, the delete function found at the bottom of the message will not work.
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:39 AM   #8
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milta
Hi Linda--
When I post a reply (not the shortcut, the regular screen), the post I am replying to appears in the box. It appears that I need to delete it before I write my reply, or the entire thing will be re-posted. (Before the upgrade, the reply box was blank.)

I like the fact you can quickly reply to messages now instead of waiting for a new screen to load.

Happy New Year!
Milta
Milta,
You're hitting the "Reply with Quote" button. Hold your mouse over it (don't click on it) and a box will come up and say that.

The Reply button is now on the left-hand side of the screen.

Old 01-02-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
cditty
da Man

cditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond repute
Cindy, that is indeed an ugly bug. I was able to get it to do that for me too. It seems that it is only isolated to IE, so if you use Netscape or Firebird( <--- Highly Recommended) this issue does not happen. I will look into this and see if it can be fixed quickly.

Chris

-- I like bouncy things --
cditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 01-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #10
cditty
da Man

cditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond repute
Cindy, your URL bug has been fixed.

Enjoy.

Chris

-- I like bouncy things --
cditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #11
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
I am not sure if this is a bug or not - but... if a user logs on as invisible the exclamation button for Report a Bad Post is missing from his or her posts. Are we sure that's a good idea? A new user could join up, post a bunch of garbage and we would not be able to quickly report that as we have in the past. At least not conventionally...We always have a PM to the Mods I guess..
Old 01-02-2004, 03:06 PM   #12
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

Brad, unless you're seeing something totally different, the report a post icon is only gone on your postings to you. Everyone else can see it and use it. Doesn't have anything to do with being invisible.

Example, on my posts, I don't see a report a post icon and I'm set to invisible. But I can see it on your's and I know that you're invisible. It's just your own that the icon should not be showing on. If you see that it's not on someone else's posts, let us know.

Old 01-02-2004, 03:12 PM   #13
missykitty
Sweeper

missykitty is a splendid one to beholdmissykitty is a splendid one to beholdmissykitty is a splendid one to beholdmissykitty is a splendid one to beholdmissykitty is a splendid one to beholdmissykitty is a splendid one to beholdmissykitty is a splendid one to behold
Brad,
I signed up with this account last nite for testing. Made myself invisible, posted a test a few minutes ago (have since deleted the test post) and could not see the report icon on my own post but I could see your's and everyone else's.

I'm still invisible. Do you see the icon on my post here?

Linda
missykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #14
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, it's there... and you show Offline.. is that common when one is running invisible? Is that what everyone sees when I am invisible, a false Offine indicator?
Old 01-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #15
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by d7dot
Yep, it's there... and you show Offline.. is that common when one is running invisible? Is that what everyone sees when I am invisible, a false Offine indicator?
shows you off line, as i'm sure mine does also. but if i point to my own, it's says i'm invisible.
beffers is offline   Reply With Quote