Old 01-02-2004, 08:39 PM   #16
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cditty
Cindy, your URL bug has been fixed.

Enjoy.

Chris

Thanks a bunch for fixing it Chris! I will try to put it to the test shortly

btw~what is Firebird?
Old 01-02-2004, 09:15 PM   #17
cditty
da Man

cditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond repute
Firebird is a a open-source (publicly developed) web browser. It is the most web compliant web-browser on the market right now. There are TONS of user created addons available. You can have multiple windows open within the same browser. No need for 5+ browsers to be open. Firebird will let you have tabs for each webpage you have open. Firebird is also currently immune to all the spyware/download crap that IE is so friendly to.

The best part about Firebird is that if there is a feature you want added, you can do it yourself if you know how to program.

Firebird

I use it at home and at work for 99% of my browsing. No major complaints and I do NOT regret switching.

Chris

-- I like bouncy things --
cditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 01:18 AM   #18
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the link Chris~I will have to give Firebird some serious consideration.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:20 AM   #19
cditty
da Man

cditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond repute
Download it and install it. If you don't like it, just uninstall it.

Old 01-03-2004, 10:43 AM   #20
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
What do you think of Opera Chris??
Old 01-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #21
cditty
da Man

FIREBIRD FIREBIRD FIREBIRD!!!!!

If I understand Opera right, it is just IE with a different skin on it. They were able to change it around enough to do the multiple browser windows in one program, but in it's heart, it is still IE. And that mean security holes and other problems. Besides, you have to purchase Opera to get rid of the ad banner at the top. With the banner there, it is just more crap to look at and takes up valuable more screen space. But that is just my opinion.

Chris

Click here to remove this ad
Old 01-04-2004, 10:05 AM   #22
Karen73013
Sweep Fanatic

Karen73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond reputeKaren73013 has a reputation beyond repute
Older postings

I can only find 60 days of posts on the online? What happened to the rest of them?
Old 01-04-2004, 10:32 AM   #23
justinetime
Sweep Fanatic
MOTM 4/05

justinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant futurejustinetime has a brilliant future
Chris,

If I use the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page, I get an error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: exec_header_redirect() in /home/cditty/web/html/sweeps/forum/forumdisplay.php on line 74

The search function on top appears to be working fine.
justinetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:48 AM   #24
cditty
da Man

Where did you Jump to? I just tried it and it worked ok for me.

Karen, look at the bottom of the pages. There is a box for display options. Your default view is prob set at 2 months.

Chris

Old 01-04-2004, 10:54 AM   #25
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Chris - have you tweaked the New Posts link? Initially it was holding new posts as new posts until I marked them read which I liked. Now it is so sensitive I'm hardly getting any new posts. Example. About 9am I clicked on a new post notice I received for a subscribed thread and read it - left the window open knowing I then needed to search for new posts which should of spanned the last 12 hours. A private message notice popped up and I opted to take it in a new window assuming that would protect my New Post search capability. Read and responded to message, but when I went to first window which hadn't been moved, the search gave me 10 new messages posted since I had opened that window (maybe, because it counted the PM window as logging on a second time?). After a lengthy phone call, I still have the 10 new posts showing and I seem to be able to mark them read by the process of asking for another New Post search. The second search gave me another, new set of 10.

Is there a trick to this that I am missing? I often lose my search results in the middle of wading through a days worth of new posts while reading, responding and entering drawings.
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #26
cditty
da Man

Nothing has been tweaked, touched, or editted. They did release an update which we added on Thursday night. Other than that, nothing has changed.

Chris

Old 01-04-2004, 11:12 AM   #27
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cditty
Nothing has been tweaked, touched, or editted. They did release an update which we added on Thursday night. Other than that, nothing has changed.

Chris

Thanks for response Chris. Initially it held on to new posts and accumulated until I decided to mark them as read regardless how many times I searched or even closed the window. Now it is going by my last visit and only giving me new posts from then or from my last search.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:03 PM   #28
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Same error justintime had Chris. Going from Watch n Win to Forums Home brings it up...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: exec_header_redirect() in /home/cditty/web/html/sweeps/forum/forumdisplay.php on line 74

Unfortunately it is intermittent, one of the toughies to find unless the line number is a good clue..
Old 01-04-2004, 01:06 PM   #29
cditty
da Man

Confirmed, found and fixed.

NEXT!!!!!!

Chris

Old 01-05-2004, 01:32 PM   #30
12win
Sweep Fanatic
5/03 MOTM

12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute12win has a reputation beyond repute
The "rolleyes" smilie is showing one face in the pulldown and displaying another when I use it. (Like the upgrade . . . thanks for the hard work.)
12win is offline   Reply With Quote