RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > News About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2001, 08:39 PM   #1
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb New Forum Features & Look

The programmers finally released the latest version of the message board this afternoon. As you can see, there are lots of new features. There are still some things that we didn't get finished and the look and some features may change over the next few days. We didn't want the board to be down any longer than necessary tonite.

As soon as you can, click on the "user cp" button at the top right and edit your profile and edit your options. If you're unsure of what something is, just leave it as it is. You can always change it later.

Be sure to put your birthday in your profile. We now have a calendar (see top right of page) and it will show who has a birthday each day. Don't worry, no one's age will show.

There are buddy lists you can set up and you can also send instant private messages to any registered user unless they have this feature turned off.

Also, if there is anyone that you prefer to not see their posts, go to "Edit Ignore List" in the "user cp" section and just put in their forum user id. We have not tested this feature but it is supposed to block out anyone's posts that you want to see.

If you run into any problems, try the private message (pm button) on one of mine or Chris' posts somewhere and let us know. Just remember, this version is new to us, too but Chris will do his best to find the answer.

Start exploring and have fun!

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 08:46 PM   #2
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
i like it

i need spell check. please tell me how to disable the buddy option . not that i don't love you guys, i just don't like the idea.
beffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 08:59 PM   #3
Cat
Charter Member

Cat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to behold
Wowser!!

We'll all have to play around a bit with everything new to get used to it. I think that the buddy option is a great idea! Looks fabulous!
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 05-21-2001, 09:02 PM   #4
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Beffers

Beffers, it's the private message feature you want to get rid of if you don't want anyone sending you a message.

Click on "user cp" in the top right of this page, then click on "Edit options". You'll need to change "Enable Private Messaging?" to "No". The buddy list is just for you to add your favorite people to so you'll know who is on line so you can send a private message to if you want.

Spell check - it was supposed to be part of this upgrade but something didn't work out with the programmers that were doing it. Maybe it'll be in the next upgrade. I wanted that feature, too.

Old 05-21-2001, 09:05 PM   #5
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
i've been playing around

figured it out, everything seems to be pretty easy. just gotta click on it and try it out. it is really slow to load though. i had to open another window so i could do two things at once.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:11 PM   #6
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

It's a little slow on us, too off and on but can't tell if it's the board or our connection. We're having some bad weather and DirecTV keeps going out and we're getting other site's pages loading slow, too. We'll see how it's working by tomorrow night.

If anyone asks a question and we don't respond, it'll probably be because our cable went out or no electricity. We'll get back to you ASAP.

Old 05-21-2001, 09:19 PM   #7
kat8mouse
Charter Member

kat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant future
Mrs

This is really cool, Linda!

I love the way we can change colors and the print is a lot bigger! I am going to try to add an avatar to my posts now.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:23 PM   #8
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

thunderstorms moving through here too.

hope you don't lose power , me either . i don't just wake up i need that buzzer @ 7 am.
Old 05-21-2001, 10:36 PM   #9
loveto win
Sweep Fanatic

loveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond repute
I like the features, but it is soooooo slow. If it isn't the weather, I'd rather have the old look and a faster load. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2001, 10:47 PM   #10
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

lovetowin, check out my post 3 before yours. It's not the forum. It has something to do with the network our server is on. In fact, speed seems to be picking up for us so maybe they've got it fixed.

Old 05-21-2001, 10:47 PM   #11
kat8mouse
Charter Member

kat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant futurekat8mouse has a brilliant future
Seems to be running a lot better now. Glad to hear it was a problem at the server end and not the new software!
Old 05-22-2001, 12:53 AM   #12
waterfowl
Charter Member

waterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to beholdwaterfowl is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Wow this is fun, lots of neat stuff to do to your text.
waterfowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 03:14 AM   #13
judijt
Judi

judijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud ofjudijt has much to be proud of
Wink This is cool

I like the changes so far. Anyone can talk to me if they want.
judijt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 08:39 AM   #14
loveto win
Sweep Fanatic

loveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond repute
Much faster today, this is fun!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:49 AM   #15
gmp59
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
12/07 MOTM

gmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond repute
new look

linda
the new look is great
its going to take a little work to get good at posting and stuff
but it should be fun learning

gina
gmp59 is offline   Reply With Quote