RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2004, 07:01 AM   #16
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiesmom
WARNING

Our system has detected that your PC may be infected with a parasite called
NewDotNet/B

this is what i'm getting.

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=53587

this thread has the links for adaware and spybot.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #17
twinkiesmom
Sweep Fanatic

twinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippizan
http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=53587

this thread has the links for adaware and spybot.

Thanx Pip! I've been running Adaware daily sometimes 2x or more a day. Was real hesitant about doing Spybot, but I just downloaded and it found tons that Adaware wasn't catching. I'm not getting a popup here at RHSS anymore, so I think I'm ok. At first, I thought I was getting the FastClick spyware from RHSS cuz as soon as I started up, I ran Adaware, it found 0. Then I'd go to my most frequented sites and after ea visit, I'd run adaware. Cuz I needed to find out where I was getting the spyware from. It always found the Fastclick spyware after I come here. So I dunno. But I'm not getting the New Dot crap anymore since I ran SpyBot. Thanx!

MAY YOU ALL EXPERIENCE MANY WINS IN 2007!!!
twinkiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #18
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
michelle, if i'm not mistaken, fastclick is just a tracking cookie.

i just ran adaware and fastclick does show up, but just as a tracking cookie.

glad you got rid of the other nasties.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #19
Lynde
Sweep Fanatic

Lynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud ofLynde has much to be proud of
ive got "favorite man"--o jeez who names these things??
"My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot."
Lynde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #20
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Ad-Aware should get rid of that for you Lynde!
Old 04-21-2004, 07:38 PM   #21
RitaM4
Sweeper

RitaM4  has not received any ratings yet
Question Why On EVERY Page???

Appreciate the offer of "Parasite Detection" elimination, but can't it just show up on the 1st page & not every single page... makes it a nightmare to check the forums when on a computer I have no authority to download anything to and/or make changes of any kind.
RitaM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 04-21-2004, 08:28 PM   #22
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Can you pass the word to the powers to be that the machine is infected?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:49 PM   #23
cditty
da Man

cditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond reputecditty has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately, the way the forum software is written, it is either an all or nothing deal.

Chris

-- I like bouncy things --
cditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #24
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Just a note to let everyone know, as of this morning, we removed the FastClick pop-under ads from the homepage. So going forward, if you get any type of pop-up or pop-under while you are on any pages at RHSS, then you have either a parasite installed on your computer or a site that you just left presented you with a pop-up when you left that site.

This has nothing to do with the parasite alert pop-ups you may get on the forum if you have parasites on your computer.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:46 AM   #25
fats82439
Sweep Addict

fats82439 has much to be proud offats82439 has much to be proud offats82439 has much to be proud offats82439 has much to be proud offats82439 has much to be proud offats82439 has much to be proud offats82439 has much to be proud offats82439 has much to be proud of
55 Deletes!!! Thank You, Thank You!!

GOT A WARNING PAGE SIGNING ON, WASN'T REAL WORRIED- I RUN ADAWARE OR SPYBOT EVERY NIGHT. THE PAST WEEK JUST ADAWARE THOUGH.

AS SOON AS I READ WARNING I SHUT OFF EVERYTHING AND RAN SPYBOT- IT HAD TO RUN TWICE AND FOUND 55 LITTLE DEVILS IN THERE. HAD TO BE ONE OF THE NEW PLACES I WENT TODAY!!

THANKS FOR CATCHING IT, DIDN'T GET A WARNING WHEN I RESIGNED BACK ON- HEY PEOPLE THIS IS JUST 1 OF THE WONDERFUL PERKS WE GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!

JUDITH
Old 05-03-2004, 01:06 AM   #26
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

Old 05-31-2004, 10:17 AM   #27
twinkiesmom
Sweep Fanatic

twinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of light
InternetOptimizer/Wsem

This is my newest bug. Ran my adaware and spybot and got rid of some cooties I had, but I still have this. Tried doing the manual removal and not finding the files in my system. Had my dh who's the computer geek try and remove it manually too. Can someone tell me what gets rid of Internet Optimizer? TIA

Old 05-31-2004, 10:39 AM   #28
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiesmom
InternetOptimizer/Wsem

This is my newest bug. Ran my adaware and spybot and got rid of some cooties I had, but I still have this. Tried doing the manual removal and not finding the files in my system. Had my dh who's the computer geek try and remove it manually too. Can someone tell me what gets rid of Internet Optimizer? TIA

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/InternetOptimizer.html
Old 05-31-2004, 10:55 AM   #29
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
I put internet optimizer in google and a couple different removal directions came up. Your hubby should take a look and pick one he's more comfortable with.
G'luck
Old 05-31-2004, 11:22 AM   #30
twinkiesmom
Sweep Fanatic

I tried getting into the registry w/the link pip provided and can't find the one they are saying to delete, I did find one folder that don't belong, but to delete it it sez it wont delete cuz of write protected or some chit. Then my pc froze. grrrrrr. When I got more patience i'm gonna hafta do the google search on it. Dh's next day off is wednesday so he wont get to it til then. Have a good day!