RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2004, 11:25 AM   #31
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiesmom
I tried getting into the registry w/the link pip provided and can't find the one they are saying to delete, I did find one folder that don't belong, but to delete it it sez it wont delete cuz of write protected or some chit. Then my pc froze. grrrrrr. When I got more patience i'm gonna hafta do the google search on it. Dh's next day off is wednesday so he wont get to it til then. Have a good day!

did you try this also?

Check the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs feature for 'Active Alert' and 'Internet Optimizer'. If these entries are there, using both should result in InternetOptimizer's correct removal. Afterwards, ensure MoneyTree/DyFuCA is no longer loaded.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:29 AM   #32
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner...er/index.phtml

michelle, every site i have seen, including for spybot, says to check the add/remove programs and all the instructions for manual removal seem to be the same.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:45 AM   #33
twinkiesmom
Sweep Fanatic

twinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippizan
did you try this also?

Check the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs feature for 'Active Alert' and 'Internet Optimizer'. If these entries are there, using both should result in InternetOptimizer's correct removal. Afterwards, ensure MoneyTree/DyFuCA is no longer loaded.
yep I did it last nite and only foun the active alert one. Was able to delete that. The folder that i couldn't delete earlier cuz of Write protected . . . . was an wsem folder. After my pc was restarted, I was able to go back in and delete it. I restarted again, came here and I'm not getting the Internet Optimizer pop up anymore but did get a cpl ads to begin with. Maybe I am making some progress!!!! BTW, Thanx to Chris for putting that parasite detector on this site! Sure does help! I was doing some lyrics searches last nite and my McAfee started going nuts. lol So after all the virus scans, spyware scans, i was still able to come here and find out what kinda bug I got. Thanx to everyone for all the help!! Doing the happy dance cuz I think I've accomplished something!!

MAY YOU ALL EXPERIENCE MANY WINS IN 2007!!!
twinkiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 05-31-2004, 12:20 PM   #34
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

so, you are clean now?
Old 05-31-2004, 12:28 PM   #35
twinkiesmom
Sweep Fanatic

twinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, I think so. 1hr and counting . . . . . Lets see if I can make 30 days. lol I'm still getting a cpl ad pop ups here and there, but RHSS doesn't say I have any cooties. tanky tanky

MAY YOU ALL EXPERIENCE MANY WINS IN 2007!!!
twinkiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #36
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiesmom
yeah, I think so. 1hr and counting . . . . . Lets see if I can make 30 days. lol I'm still getting a cpl ad pop ups here and there, but RHSS doesn't say I have any cooties. tanky tanky

cool.

those popups might just be normal popups, or they aren't configured in the program that chris has.
it doesn't cover them all, but it does seem to get at a lot of the ones that hit more frequently.