RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > RHSS Get Togethers > 2005 Christmas/Holiday
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2005, 08:29 AM   #31
Parla
Sweep Fanatic
4/07 MOTM

Parla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I think & family is perfect but I don't want to offend anyone that may be living the swingin' single life. I know my kids like looking at all the cards and & family would suit them just fine.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #32
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, I open almost every piece of mail that hits my box.... I am lucky to look at WHO it's addressed to..... and if it's not trash --(most things are).... then I put it in "whomever's" stack it belongs. My kids and hubby have no issues with this.

I LOOK about 50% of the time, but both kids have advised me that I am allowed to open and throw out all junk mail.

The other day, I handed hubby an envelope addressed to him -- he hardly ever gets any mail (poor thing) and he said..."what is this" and I said.....likely junk mail, but I wanted you to have something to open. So he opens it and it's a prize we are NOT claiming for a free subscription to a MENS magazine. We both got a good laugh actually about that one....and I think it's the first prize we knew about that we are not claiming ---- but reminded me to open and look before just trashing.

I don't understand anyone upset about addressing on a fun Christmas Card exchange, but....then IF IF IF someone has an issue and MUST have their name a certain way (you know who you are).... then please PM me, and I will note after you info...."must be addressed like this"..... But then everyone is getting the list and we will all know who you are!!!

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #33
twinkiesmom
Sweep Fanatic

twinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of lighttwinkiesmom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippizan
Just DON'T address ours as Mr & Mrs. Pip!!!

It makes Gene weirder than he usually is.

that's cute. I answer to anything. I could see Michelle sending me a card that sez To: Dogface and her ppl.

MAY YOU ALL EXPERIENCE MANY WINS IN 2007!!!
Click here to remove this ad
Old 11-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #34
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiesmom
that's cute. I answer to anything. I could see Michelle sending me a card that sez To: Dogface and her ppl.

Over the years, I have had some really funny names put on Christmas cards (and other mail too) sent to me from people here.
As long as the apartment number and address is correct, my postman puts them in the box.

When I was still working, our boss used to send out cards to all the employees.
One year (late as usual. ) I got a card addressed like this........

My Name
xxxxx Blvd.

I am pretty sure he had the zip on there, but even the city was wrong. And no street name at all, but I got that card!!

I have an AMAZING postal carrier and I remember him at this time of the year always.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #35
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Another addition to our list:

mellsworth

Welcome aboard!!!

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:59 PM   #36
iowakat
Sweep Fanatic
9/05 MOTM
12/11 MOTM

iowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond repute
Would it be alright to include my brother in the card exchange? He won't (probably) send back but I know he would be thrilled to get the mail in Iraq.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #37
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

nascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant future
Hey Kat...even though i cant afford all the postage and cards for the whole gang here as much as i would love to...id love to send your brother a card to Iraq... i know how important mail is to them.... feel free to pm me his addy ...
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #38
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowakat
Would it be alright to include my brother in the card exchange? He won't (probably) send back but I know he would be thrilled to get the mail in Iraq.

Kat, send me a PM with your brother's address. Will he get the card in time?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #39
iowakat
Sweep Fanatic
9/05 MOTM
12/11 MOTM

iowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure if it would get there in time or not. A card may but I know the box I'm going to send won't. Thanks guys. I sent you a PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #40
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

nascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant future
got it kat.. thanks..i cant believe that your brother is stationed in the same base where my hubby was.. but hes been home for a long time now...
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:37 PM   #41
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowakat

I told Kat I would do this and she said fine with her.

As for her brother, or for anyone who is already partaking in the card exchange only if you have someone close to you who is serving in an active capacity such as Iraq, you can post here that you would like a card to be sent to that person.

A card should be all that is requested and I will reiterate, you must be a part of the card exchange to request a card be sent.

Jolene responded that she wanted to send a card, which is fine, even thought she isn't part of the exchange, but she can't ask for cards to be sent.

I hate to sound harsh, but we do have to draw the line somewhere and take into consideration those who may not be able to afford to join in on this.

If you see a request such as Kat's and want to send a card, you should PM Kat and let her know so that she can send you the address.

For those who are sending out cards overseas, Kat said a card sent to an APO address doesn't require any extra postage and it should make it there by Christmas IF you get it sent out early enough.

Any questions? Send me a PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #42
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

Jolene responded that she wanted to send a card, which is fine, even thought she isn't part of the exchange, but she can't ask for cards to be sent.

i wouldnt ask that pip....i just want to support her brother is all...
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
Click here to remove this ad
Old 11-22-2005, 08:52 PM   #43
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarandbeans

i wouldnt ask that pip....i just want to support her brother is all...

I know that kiddo, I just wanted or I should say we needed to put some guidelines for this or it could get very confusing.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:59 PM   #44
iowakat
Sweep Fanatic
9/05 MOTM
12/11 MOTM

Thank you again.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:22 AM   #45
iowakat
Sweep Fanatic
9/05 MOTM
12/11 MOTM

I wanted to say from the bottom of my heart you guys on the forum are the absolute best! Thanks for all the offers to send Tom cards.