FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #61
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Been thinking about Cindy's duplicate threads. I backed off mentioning this yesterday because its ackward to describe ... but it relates to Editing a post and I'm thinking we may have a minor gremlin at play there.
This new upgrade modified how a search list is handled. After searching for new posts the old system was quite specific that you had to step back thru the same number of pages to return to your search list. (I'd start in the Search list, click into a new sweep thread, post a thank you, back up once to get to the Add a comment window, once to get to thread before I commented, and finally a backup to return to the newpost list.)
The new upgrade will ignore the work pages where we post a comment in an existing thread. After posting a thankyou, a single backup returns me direct to the New post Search list I'm working thru.
I like the way the upgrade has streamlined getting back and forth while going thru a New Post search. But if I go into a thread and choose Editing, it sometimes works in the new streamlined mode and sometimes reverts to the old page by page mode. Unlike Cindy, I don't use preview. My habit has been to post and then use edit to tidy up what should and shouldn't be highlighted et cet. Chances are there are very few people who use Edit so maybe others just aren't tripping over any inconsistencies. With Edit, I never know if the system will back me up in a streamlined fashion or plod me backwards page by page.

It's a minor thing but several times I've backed myself past my current search list into a previous search because the system decided to take the streamlined approach that time after making me back each step for the last 3 posts. The basic idea here is that I haven't been able to figure out why the system will be streamlined with one edit and plodding with another. Maybe all this relates with Cindy's duplicate threads and there is simply a minor bug in Editing area.

??
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #62
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, finally found the other post I made that I edited and ended up with the duplicate post. Not sure now which is the edited one though

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=79355

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=79356
Old 03-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #63
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it happened again. It's been 8 months, so it is a really rare glitch.

Here is my OP http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86523

and the duplicate http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86524

I just posted it once, no editting done, just previewed, then added the direct link before submitting
Old 03-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #64
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

Hmmmm...just happened again

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86533

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86532

Happened after previewing and making a change to the link before submitting
Old 03-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #65
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

The cyber gremlins must be out today. It's something to do with previewing, then making a change in the link and/or adding a link BEFORE submitting.

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86535

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86534
Old 03-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #66
linda
RHSS Webmistress
Administrator

linda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond reputelinda has a reputation beyond repute
Wish we had a solution but we don't know what's causing this to happen to you and it must like you better than me cause I can't duplicate it!

I deleted the dups from the 3 above. The only thing I know to do since we don't know what's causing it is to just make a post here like you did above letting me know so I can delete one of them.

Read Daily | Star Bright | LCD Creations | Moms Attic
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #67
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

I'm just lucky like that

Thanks for deleting the duplicates Linda. Hopefully it will be another 8 months before it happens again.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #68
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

Well that didn't take long

This one is a bit different, as you can see the posts are different. I accidentally submitted before I had all the info, went & and editted and ended up with 2 threads, 1 with the partial info & 1 with all the info.

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86563

http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=86562