FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone want a Christmas Card Exchange this year?

Hi...

Checking interest on this.
It was NOT difficult for me to do this last year....and I will volunteer to do it again..... abeit this year -- the shoulder issue is playing into my life way too much....

However.... it really wasn't that much work, effort or trouble and I would like to do it again if there is any interest...... Darn it I loved getting all those cards to decorate my house with!!!

Let me know.... and if there's interest I am sure Linda set us up a thread.

And...thanks to everyone who did participate last year -- as I loved my cards!!

Johannah

OUT with , IN with

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
jalapenomama
Charter Member
10/02 MOTM
11/10 MOTM

jalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond reputejalapenomama has a reputation beyond repute
That's very generous of you Johannah.
This year figure I can afford to do only one thing.
And I've been waiting to see if there is going to be a gift exchange.
I'd love to do this.
Barb
Old 11-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
i'm in for the card exchange, it's so wonderful.
and as far as the gift exchange goes, i'll volunteer to be santa this year, but the last 2 years have had bad santas, so i think some guidelines need to be set up.
it was so much fun for me to read all the joy the gift exchange was causing....
untill the last minute i realized some people were not following thru....
so, if we can come to some kind of agreement, i'd be happy to be in charge of the exchange of names for the gifts.
Click here to remove this ad
Old 11-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by beffers
i'm in for the card exchange, it's so wonderful.
and as far as the gift exchange goes, i'll volunteer to be santa this year, but the last 2 years have had bad santas, so i think some guidelines need to be set up.
it was so much fun for me to read all the joy the gift exchange was causing....
untill the last minute i realized some people were not following thru....
so, if we can come to some kind of agreement, i'd be happy to be in charge of the exchange of names for the gifts.

WOW - thanks Beth..... of course I haven't a clue as to what to rules to make..... do you?

Old 11-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
i think, at least with my time as santa, it was one new member that never came thru for a treasured member. and i was really distraught that my fellow member would be totally ignored. so, it worked out okay, cuz a gift was sent out in time.
there also were 2 others that were 2 exchange gifts, that never did, but that's tit for tat. so i never heard a complaint, never got involved.
it really did make me happy to do it, and to read everyone's joy when the packages arrived. the only rule i can think of is NO DEAD BEATS ALLOWED!!
and that's about the only time i will shout on this forum.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beffers
i think, at least with my time as santa, it was one new member that never came thru for a treasured member. and i was really distraught that my fellow member would be totally ignored. so, it worked out okay, cuz a gift was sent out in time.
there also were 2 others that were 2 exchange gifts, that never did, but that's tit for tat. so i never heard a complaint, never got involved.
it really did make me happy to do it, and to read everyone's joy when the packages arrived. the only rule i can think of is NO DEAD BEATS ALLOWED!!
and that's about the only time i will shout on this forum.

Thing is..... one never can tell before hand! Generally I know you will agree we have some really super duper people here!

Click here to remove this ad
Old 11-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #7
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
It's nice to see the Christmas spirit is alive and well here.. Thanks for volunteering to take the "reindeer reins" Johannah and Beth.

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
Old 11-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to say but this year I will not be able to partake in either one.

I will enjoy reading all the posts though.

Thanks to Johannah and Beth for willing to do this all over again.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
I can't do either one, but really like seeing all the fun you have!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
gmp59
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
12/07 MOTM

gmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for volunteering
i am in for both
Old 11-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #11
firedancer623
Sweep Fanatic
4/08 MOTM

firedancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant futurefiredancer623 has a brilliant future
Im in for both, I thought it was really neat last year to get a new card practically daily, from all over the place!!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #12
CCMama
Sweep Fanatic
1/04 MOTM

CCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond reputeCCMama has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in for both! Thanks ladies!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #13
Parla
Sweep Fanatic
4/07 MOTM

Parla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond reputeParla has a reputation beyond repute
I've always enjoyed doing both as well. It does make me sad to remember the trouble with a few bad apples. Hopefully all goes well this year.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #14
Aerogirl
Sweep Fanatic

Aerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond reputeAerogirl has a reputation beyond repute
put me down for the card exchange! Love getting cards from all over!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #15
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Put me in for both... I don't sweat the small stuff, and try to spread cheer and goodwill regardless of behaviour of any others.