RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
I love this place and all my friends here...I don't post alot because I hate typing...but I read all the posts every day...and am thankful that I stumbled upon this place

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #17
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
RHSS is an important part of every day for me! We've been through a lot over the years, sharing good times, bad news, prayers, good wishes, you name it!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #18
missdenise
Sweep Fanatic

missdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond reputemissdenise has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone has made some excellent points as to why some people have gone. I also "belong" to one other sweeps site but I do not frequent their forums. This is the only forum that I read regularly.
Another big reason people leave is TIME! There is only so much time that most of us working folks can afford to spend on sweeping.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #19
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Many sweepers were active during a phase of their life and then burn out, go back to work or get involved heavily in providing care to family members and no longer have the time to dedicate to sweeping. Last year or so we had a small baby boom and those mommies just aren't posting like they used to. And, the summer is usually quieter for various reasons.

I'm thinking the member listing is inclusive back to the beginning. we have lost many members over the years which builds up when you look at the entire list and start sorting out how few are active.

Thanks for posting this thread Ron. It begs the question though, what can we do about this. We are now at the end of summer and maybe we could think up some form of enticement for active posting? Occasionally we've had donated prizes given away where entries are earned by posting of a new sweep each day.
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #20
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so now Ron..... you know we are happy to have you join us, and we'd be more than happy to have you become one of our regular family for the long term ~~ but tell us why you decided to come and join our group? Maybe we can learn something that would be helpful to all of us.

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM   #21
Ron_in_N_GA
The Sweepaholic

Ron_in_N_GA has a spectacular aura aboutRon_in_N_GA has a spectacular aura aboutRon_in_N_GA has a spectacular aura about
Here's Why I Joined RHSS

OK ... since I initiated this thread and have been asked to contribute why I joined the RHSS group, here's my response.

1) The sweeps newsletter message board that I frequent most often has in my mind become a bit stale. The same people are the predominant posters and their responses tended to be a bit redundant, i.e., you could almost guess how they would respond on any given topic. So I thought I'd checkout some other sites to maybe get a fresh perspective on the sweeps world.

2) Although I've been sweeping since 1983, and doing it consistently as an avid sweeper since 1993, I thought maybe there was still a lot to be learned by seeing how a new group of sweepers approached the hobby ... sort of an old dog maybe learning new tricks.

3) While there are definitely way too many sweeps available for any one person to enter them all, thought maybe I would find a new one every now and then posted here that had not been well-publicized elsewhere. Had a particular interest in the regionals where I've had good success in the past.

4) Since I just started my own sweeps service company earlier this year, thought this site would give me an opportunity to possibly attract new customers, even though I realize that I can't promote my products here with any ads.

5) When I came here previously as a guest, the conversations looked like they came from a reasonable group of folks, without the typical bickering or domineering type personalities found on some sites. So far, I've found that to be true in all of the forums.

One note though, that I hope doesn't get any of you upset. This site does seem to have a "cliqusih" type of atmosphere to it. Hard to really describe. Maybe I haven't been here long enough to really get a true handle on that and it's just an initial impression. Time will tell.

I think it just comes with the familial environment created by such long-standing memberships and friendships that have developed over the years here. But sometimes you need one or two people who provide that difference of opinion that gets people thinking, or have that one odd-ball that everyone both loves and hates, who can stir the pot a bit without creating real problems. (Hope it's not me ... LOL)

Certainly, everyone who responded to my question had a very thoughtful and reasonable answer, and your responses were appreciated.

I hope that I can in some way contribute to what is already a nice place to come to share this wonderful hobby.

Thanks again.

The Sweepaholic
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Ron...appreciate your answer.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 PM   #23
billwinsbig
Sweep Fanatic
6/02 MOTM
2/07 MOTM

billwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond reputebillwinsbig has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_in_N_GA
But sometimes you need one or two people who provide that difference of opinion that gets people thinking, or have that one odd-ball that everyone both loves and hates, who can stir the pot a bit without creating real problems.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:20 PM   #24
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
We have quite a few odd-balls, but only a couple stir the pot!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 PM   #25
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

We were trying to keep you guys under wraps....but the secret is out. By the way there are a few others ....lurking no doubt

However we wouldn't give any of them up either.......

Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 PM   #26
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwinsbig

We were at Lowes today when someone was pulling along something that looked like an igloo. I asked Gene what that was and he said it's a doghouse.
I just looked at it and said I don't think that one is big enough for Bill

I sure did get some pretty odd looks from the folks in line specially when I made the comment about where would he put the TV for the football games and the mini fridge to keep the snacks cold!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #27
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Ron, I appreciate you posting some feedback and opinions. We're a pretty big clique...anyone can join in and we're pretty welcoming. But there is a connection that comes from having gone through a lot of ups and downs with a core group...we've even had our family spats here, but in general it's always upbeat.

Some are zanier than others, some end up in the dog house, etc. I'm always cheerful, but more serious than some of the others. We have a fairly wide range of political opinions etc, but unlike some other sites, we keep it very civil and pleasant and little by little you just don't care about those differences.

Many of us are avid sweepers, some more casual, but many of us love the chit/chat as well. The overall tone here is something you simply don't see at most other message boards.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

We do actually have a wide range of views, but we also have a wide range of experts in one field or another --- who are more than willing to share what they know to help others..... The help that I have received has been invaluable to me..... and I love that about the members here.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:52 AM   #29
Cyndyiata
Sweeper

Cyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond reputeCyndyiata has a reputation beyond repute
Ron as a newbie to the group I have been to other sites and this is the best. My mom came here around 2001 and left two years later for she lost touch with sweeps. After seeing me on this site she wants to come back so I sat her down and told her softly that I dont want her in this group for you will decrease my chances of winning sweeps lol and sometimes there is only one entry per a household so tough love lol. She said something similar to me in 2001 lol. I also lied and told her that you have to pay 300 a month lol. I am a good person with a caring heart but dont touch my sweeps lol.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #30
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippizan
...I don't think that one is big enough for Bill

I sure did get some pretty odd looks from the folks in line specially when I made the comment about where would he put the TV for the football games and the mini fridge to keep the snacks cold!

I'm sure they were going to call Childrens Services and report you.

ps You would also need room for the radio for all those call in sweeps that Bill does so well with. He has his own phone.
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad