RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #31
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty
I'm sure they were going to call Childrens Services and report you.

ps You would also need room for the radio for all those call in sweeps that Bill does so well with. He has his own phone.

Ooops, forgot about the radio Betty.

So Ron, have a better idea of what goes on here and why?

Actually, as Judy said it's a pretty big clique and you have to really have messed up big time to not be a part of it. That has happened exactly twice that I can think of since I have been a member here since 2001.
Anyone who is a regular member is more than welcome to join in.

Trying to explain what some of the stuff means to a newbie though (like Bill and the doghouse) can be a bit difficult at times. Some of these things just happened in passing and took on a life of their own!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #32
cmaxwell
Sweep Fanatic
Miss Sharpie 500
Mad Poster
11/03 MOTM
7/05 MOTM
10/07 MOTM

cmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond reputecmaxwell has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, what our former thriddin maderator said
Old 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #33
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaxwell
Yeah, what our former thriddin maderator said

Oaky Who, so ya wanna explain that sentence to Ron and also why I call ya Who??

See Ron, now you are finding out just who some of the odd-balls really are!

By the way, when I was a maderator here, I made so many typos, they not only get used in normal talk around here (see thrid and crad, for example) but it was given a name by beth (beffers) pipspeak!
Old 09-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #34
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
I don't spose we wanna mention the silk shorts, or the dreaded Randomizer.............
Old 09-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #35
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

nascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant future
were going to have poor Ron thinking he joined on to the loony bin here...lol... were harmless Ron, we really are...we have all shared laughs and tears, and for one i know when life has beat me down this place is where i come for my friends and inspirations... its way beyond sweeping..which i do some.. but its also my sanctuary to sanity..as zany as some may be.. you wont ask for a more loyal group of people...we have learned which person has which buttons and not to push those.. we just respect each other that much..
Pippy..its so great to see you back and being your old self again...
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
nascarandbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #36
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarandbeans
Pippy..its so great to see you back and being your old self again...

Thanks Jolene. I still have my *days*, but don't we all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarandbeans
were going to have poor Ron thinking he joined on to the loony bin here...lol

Didn't he????????

Ron I can honestly say, and I do belong to some other sites, both private and public, but I have never laughed or cried any where near as much as I have here. THIS is home and that is where the heart is.

It's like differences between going to a gathering with a small group of very close knit friends, friends who are willing to let others join them, and a gathering with several hundred acquaintances.

At any rate Ron, welcome to the ZOO!!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #37
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
This is from an EMAIL -- today from IKEA -- and I think it fits:

Home isn't just a physical space surrounded by four walls. Home isn't just bricks and mortar. It's not just about money. It's a state of being - a feeling of security, safety, comfort, peace. It's about being yourself and being together with your loved ones. And while it's a basic human need, it means something different to us all.

~~~

And did I forget to tell you guys and gals.... you are all so very special !
And I join Jolene to say... Pippy it is nice to have you back and posting. I have missed you alot.

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #38
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
clique

Main Entry: clique
Pronunciation: \ˈklēk, ˈklik\
Function: noun
Etymology: French
Date: 1711
: a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons; especially : one held together by common interests, views, or purposes

guess you could describe us as one held together by common interests, views, or purposes
but narrow and exclusive, i don't think that describes us. we welcome everyone with the common interest of sweeping, and purporse of winning and being a community that embraces the views of everyone, as you've seen. it's just that we've communicated with each other fairly frequently, and we are a small group, that pretty much knows each other by first name. but narrow and exclusive, i'd have to say you chose the wrong wording there. we are just a group of people that enjoy a hobby, that brought us to this website, and dang, people connected. betcha, if you looked, you would see new members that have been embraced into the forum, nothing but the love of sweeping required, and of course a bit of respect for other members.
beffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #39
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Ron - just wondering why you felt the other group was getting stale? As a long time sweeper, I suspect you were looking for volume of posting on sweep related promotions versus random chatter.
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 10-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #40
nannyv
Sweep Fanatic
2/09 MOTM

nannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond repute
Some may be like me that taking care of extended family health problems, have got to the point that have very little time to do things I would like to do. FIL moved in with us (91 years old) over a year ago. His health is failing all the time and needs lots more time for seeing that he is taken care of. So for over a year now, only get to check in here once in awhile. Sure miss it, when this happens.

Last night was the first time I had posted in a few months. But do keep my subscription active, because always hoping that it will soon be where I have more time for the sweeps.
nannyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #41
Katmagick
Sweep Fanatic
4/09 MOTM

Katmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud ofKatmagick has much to be proud of
Funny that the "clique" thing was mentioned because thats basically why I stopped posting at the other online sweeping site. They have a clique problem over there. Cliques tend to ostracize people and if you want to be in it you have to kiss up to the big dogs.I just can't do that.
I don't think RHSS is like that at all. I first got into sweeping in 2001 and this was the first sweep site I joined. I got my very first win here and actually left for personal reasons not related to anyone here. I came back because I realized that this IS a special place. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. With all the meanness and nastyness out there, this is my respite.
Now at last I can contribute more because in the beginning years I didn't know what the heck I was doing!
Katmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #42
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
We're glad your here -- too

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
lisagrl99
Sweep Fanatic

lisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to behold
I have to say that I too, have come and gone, based on different paths life has taken me (a move to FL, a move back to good ol' NY, a new baby, etc), but this is by far the most personal and warm-welcomed site that I have ever been on.. I do "peruse" another one here and there, but it is by far too "clicky" and unfriendly.. This one is more of a place for sharing and caring..

visit me @ www.pamperedchef.biz/lisamolinelli
lisagrl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #44
jenndiggy
Sweep Fanatic

jenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I post very little these days, but I still stop by and see what is going on.

I just don't have the time I used to. I am entering more and more sweeps and that means I have to cut back on something. The only "message board" I frequently post on is an e-mail group.

I figure I need to cut back on something in my life since I'm doing so much more on ebay and so much more entering, and the only thing I found I can cut back on is posting on message boards. I kind of miss it, but I still go to bed each evening wishing I could have gotten more done. So, for the moment posting much doesn't seem time productive.

I've been thinking about the annual RHSS party. I always have so much fun with that. So I'll def. be at the party (bettr write it down on my calendar!) I know I'll forget otherwise.

So I may be silent, but I haven't forgotten everyone!
jenndiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #45
wendym
Sweep Fanatic
7/08 MOTM
9/11 MOTM

wendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond reputewendym has a reputation beyond repute
I'm back on today....just had a lot of expenses come up about the time it expired and I won the last 2 yrs subscriptions.

wendym Hope in God!
wendym is offline   Reply With Quote