RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #61
ret2go
Sweep Fanatic
MOTM 5/05

ret2go is a splendid one to beholdret2go is a splendid one to beholdret2go is a splendid one to beholdret2go is a splendid one to beholdret2go is a splendid one to beholdret2go is a splendid one to beholdret2go is a splendid one to behold
Stumbled into this thread today. I also wish I had more time to sweep, I miss it! Like several others here, family and work have overwhelmed my free time. Lost my mom last year at 83, she'd been very ill for years with heart and lung conditions, then lung cancer, and she was too frail for the radiation treatment and never regained the little bit of strength it sapped. She was 5'9 and never weighed more than 125, but was in the 90's the last few years. She was also dad's caregiver, he has Alzheimer's. They still lived in their home, and refused outside help (she wouldn't even consider hospice near the end).
I went on FMLA from work shortly before she passed and tried to take care of everything - funeral arrangements, moving dad to my house, closing up their house, selling the contents, selling the house, finding a place for dad, made a mistake with the first place, had to move him. During all this I ended up with anxiety attacks. Boy, those are fun.
Thought for sure the first one was a heart attack or stroke. Had an ambulance called, but wasn't transported. Managed to get calmed down. Good thing, since dad was with me, we were headed to the funeral home, and I had all of mom & dad's paperwork with me. (Thank God for what they did with their living wills and power of attorneys. An amazing blessing.) When I had the second attack I had my husband take me to the ER. My bp was ridiculous, but no tests showed any issues. I followed up with my regular doc, and then a cardiologist. Since all that, I've lost 90 lbs, and have about 30 to go. I feel better, and am able to control anxiety when I feel it coming on. No more plantar faciitis, knee or hip problems either.
Dad is in a wonderful RAL (residential assisted living home) about 3 miles from my work. I have lunch there often. It is an actual house, the homeowners live there and take care of max 6 patients (she worked in nursing homes for 30 years). Dad has his own room, and is doing well.
Well, I didn't mean to come in here and spill all this, and I am going to make an effort to spend more time at RHSS. It is good to see so many familiar names and pictures/avatars.

Hugs to all !

LOVES TO SWEEP!
ret2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #62
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Alison...(((hugs))) to you too..Hope to see you more often...Life does get in the way of our sweeping...Condolences on the loss of your Mom...Hospice is taking care of mine in her home with Dad there too...frail health for him too...It is easy to have panic attacks with all that is involved taking care of our elderly parents...Congrats on the weight loss though!!

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #63
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
Alison, it sounds like you have done a terrific job handling life's difficulties. And the weight loss is really admirable. It's good to see you here posting again!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #64
nannyv
Sweep Fanatic
2/09 MOTM

nannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond repute
Have been away for a very long time. Lost Mom in Sept, and trying to work through all that. Retired now and hoping to get back into some of my long forgotten stuff on the computer. Just renewed for 3 months, and maybe after that do the year at a time like in the past. Once we start entering contests, it's hard to give them up completely.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #65
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Vera!
Sorry to hear you lost your Mom. Unfortunately it's a common thread that those who have been away for awhile have been dealing with life's issues. I sincerely hope that you have been getting a few entries in and enjoying a win or two.
So welcome back ... and best of luck! It really is nice to catch up with our sweeping buddies.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #66
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry about your mom Vera.... there are all sorts of issues we are all dealing with... esp. as we age. Hope you win something right away to boost your spirit and remind you how much fun it is to win something.

Welcome back! {{hugs}}

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #67
kmac
Sweep Fanatic

kmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome back, Vera! Although the world of winning has become a bit harder in the past year or so, it is still just as thrilling. I'm so sorry about your mom's passing.

Karen
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #68
peppersalt
Sweep Fanatic
7/06 MOTM
8/10 MOTM

peppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond reputepeppersalt has a reputation beyond repute
I do enjoy entering sweeps but have noticed the wins are few. Are there more folks entering or fewer sweeps? What do you think?
peppersalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #69
kmac
Sweep Fanatic

kmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond reputekmac has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's both. Companies have less in their advertising budgets to use for prizes, and more people are entering than ever before. I used to get most of my big wins from writing contests, but now all of those are voted on by facebook fans so I don't even try after all of the cheating I've seen going on in voting contests. That's not a whine; just a fact. I just depend on luck rather than skill now and still get a win or two every year. Hope everyone else is faring better. I know that if I worked harder on getting my number of entries up, I would win more.

Just my two cents,

Karen
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #70
nannyv
Sweep Fanatic
2/09 MOTM

nannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersalt
I do enjoy entering sweeps but have noticed the wins are few. Are there more folks entering or fewer sweeps? What do you think?

Seems like lots now just have a short dated contest on the facebook page. Several of my older links no longer have contests.
I won a few lately: Sunmaid Movie Tickets, Loaf of Bread from Pepperidge Farms, Free Pizza on the Pizza Toss from Papa Johns.
Been a very long time for a nice win.
Trying to get back to entering a few each day once again. But like you finding fewer to enter.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #71
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Hi Vera ...nice to see you again...My condolences on the loss of your Mother.
Congrats on the wins and I agree, it does seem harder to win anything now.

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #72
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Vera, nice to see you again! So sorry to hear about your mom.

Keep those wins coming. I rarely post my wins anymore (that's a whole other story!) but at least win small things regularly.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #73
iowakat
Sweep Fanatic
9/05 MOTM
12/11 MOTM

iowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond repute
Hi all. I have to admit I hadn't thought of RHSS in a LONG time and then got a birthday wish from here today. (thank you for that).

I was VERY sorry to read about Pip and others' family problems. I've often wondered how she was doing. My hubby is having some serious health issues and not sure how things are going to turn out. We celebrated 41 years of marriage this month.

I still enter sweeps daily but not at the level of years past. Wishing all of you MANY wins.
Kat
Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #74
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowakat
Hi all. I have to admit I hadn't thought of RHSS in a LONG time and then got a birthday wish from here today. (thank you for that).

I was VERY sorry to read about Pip and others' family problems. I've often wondered how she was doing. My hubby is having some serious health issues and not sure how things are going to turn out. We celebrated 41 years of marriage this month.

I still enter sweeps daily but not at the level of years past. Wishing all of you MANY wins.
Kat

Hi Kat! Sorry to hear your husband is having issues ... but congrats on 41st Anniversary and Happiest of birthdays!
Time just takes off and flies on us.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #75
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Kat, so nice to see you. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Stop by and see us more.

Happy belated birthday and best wishes on your husband's health.