RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #76
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Hi Kat...thought about you as we were driving thru Winterset awhile back...Sorry to hear about hubby's health issues..Happy Birthday and Congrats on the 41st Anniversary.

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
RONDADOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #77
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Kat. Just back from Ft. Lauderdale and not getting back to normal as fast as I would like.

Hope hubby's health issues improve.
Still reading a lot? Do you still have your blog?
So nice of you to check in!
Hubby and I are married 41 years in May (May 1972) and then we'll venture out with you on 42....

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #78
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Kat, definitely nice to hear from you, but sad to hear about the hubby. Hope to see an uplifting post that things are much better with you guys soon~!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #79
iowakat
Sweep Fanatic
9/05 MOTM
12/11 MOTM

iowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond reputeiowakat has a reputation beyond repute
Jim had a REALLY bad time with his bi-polar last fall and was hospitalized for 2 weeks. He never really was the same after and started having some cognitive issues. He had a CAT scan and they said his brain is shrinking and compressing some places. (the doc said everyone's brain shrinks some as they age but his is shrinking at a faster rate than normal) He isn't able to do simple math, has trouble remembering what day it is, can't concentrate on anything long enough to do it, gets unsteady and uses a cane, bad tremors in his hands, no energy and he sleeps most of the day. He has little appetite so he's lost about 40 pounds in the past few months from just not eating much. He's on quite a few meds but they don't seem to do much. I don't know what the future holds.

Thank you all for remembering me. :-)
Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #80
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for checking in with us, Kat. We don't forget our friends here.

We will be praying for your husband and you. ((hugs))
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #81
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowakat
Jim had a REALLY bad time with his bi-polar last fall and was hospitalized for 2 weeks. He never really was the same after and started having some cognitive issues. He had a CAT scan and they said his brain is shrinking and compressing some places. (the doc said everyone's brain shrinks some as they age but his is shrinking at a faster rate than normal) He isn't able to do simple math, has trouble remembering what day it is, can't concentrate on anything long enough to do it, gets unsteady and uses a cane, bad tremors in his hands, no energy and he sleeps most of the day. He has little appetite so he's lost about 40 pounds in the past few months from just not eating much. He's on quite a few meds but they don't seem to do much. I don't know what the future holds.

Thank you all for remembering me. :-)

Audrey is right - we don't forget you in here. I am not a Doc but Jim's condition and symptoms seem eerily close to my Mom's when she had Alzheimers... she lost 28 pounds in 1 month. She simply forgot that she was supposed to eat or when...

Keep in touch.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #82
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Going to be praying for you Kat... and Jim -- and we're here with a listening ear and open arms anytime you need a hug! {{hugs}}

Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #83
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

jessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Kat, so good to hear from you. I will be keeping Jim in my prayers and do you know if he has Alzheimer's? I don't know if you remember but I helped mama care for papa (my stepdad) for years with alzheimers and some of the things you describe do sound like it. Although maybe it is different because papa's scans showed what they call plaque on his brain, a definite sign of alzheimers. It is so good to hear from you. I forget how much I miss you all here too. Hope to keep in touch, love ya!

ps> I have a friend with bi-polar and I never realized just how hard this can be on friends and family until I experienced it. I actually thought my friend might have been on some type of drug (like speed) because she went for months and months with very little sleep and non-stop doing stuff. What was worse was when the depression part came on. It was unbelieveable, almost shocking to see how depressed she became. She is on medicine and doing better now though thank goodness.
jessilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #84
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

jessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond reputejessilynn has a reputation beyond repute
and congratulations on 41 years together Kat. That is a blessing
Click here to remove this ad
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #85
jessilynn
Sweep Fanatic
3/04 MOTM
6/07 MOTM
9/09 MOTM

Just wanted to say hello to you to Vera. (although I want to call you nanny..lol) Hope to keep in touch with you also and congrats on the wins!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #86
DeLynn
Sweep Fanatic
12/03 MOTM

DeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond repute
Hi RHSS friends! For some reason, I decided to sign on today and this thread appeared.

I too got busy with life including a divorce, grandkids, adult daughter problems and entering the workforce full-time after all the years at home. I remember all of you fondly.

I am currently an advisor at a community college. I LOVE working with students and tolerate working with the faculty. I currently am struggling with Sjogren's which is an auto immune condition. I am battling with aches and fatigue most days.

I don't foresee that I'll have the time or energy to sweep like I did all those years ago. However, I will remember all the good people and good times here on RHSS.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #87
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

Hey DeLynn... Nice to hear from you... and on my 60th. birthday too....
Are you still sweeping at all?

We'd love you to stop by and check in - more often!

Click here to remove this ad
Old 01-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #88
DeLynn
Sweep Fanatic
12/03 MOTM

DeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Birthday!! I hope you had the best of days. I will enter a sweepstakes here and there. Usually, when I see one on Facebook. Sweepstakes sure have changed since I was active. It looks like you have kept up with the winning. I looked through the winners thread.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #89
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

Wow, hello stranger! Nice to hear from you and to catch up on things going on in your life outside sweeping.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #90
nannyv
Sweep Fanatic
2/09 MOTM

nannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond repute
DeLynn, Nice to see your post. Seems like lots been going on for you. After lots of deaths and sickness in my family, I just got back a couple years ago into my contests. Now retired, so more time to work on those.

Keep peeking in and letting us know how you're doing. Hope 2015 will be a great year for you.