RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > RHSS Get Togethers > 2007 Christmas/Holiday
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #16
Sue24fan
The Crazy Cat Lady
12/02 MOTM
10/03 MOTM

Sue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond repute
Hate to be a party pooper here...but I'm going to back out of this. I understand why you want to do things this way cuz of the things that have happened in the past. But I think the funnest part of this is knowing who to buy for and getting that person something just for them.

I am not just gonna go buy something willy nilly and hope what I got will be right for my secret santa. Sorry guys...have fun!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 AM   #17
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
i'm just trying to help, and i'm sorry everyone if you feel it's too impersonal. anyone at all want to volunteer to take over and do it as before, please step forward. i have no problem with that. i just was offering my help, and there's nothing official. ho.ho.ho
Old 11-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #18
Sue24fan
The Crazy Cat Lady
12/02 MOTM
10/03 MOTM

Sue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond reputeSue24fan has a reputation beyond repute
Please don't take this personal Beth...it's not your fault it has come to this hon. I appreciate you offering to take over this in light of what has happened the last couple years. Too bad a couple scrooges had to ruin it. That's what makes this so sad. The whole fun of this for me was picking out a couple special goodies for MY secret santa....not some generic whatever that might fit a male or female and hope they like it.
Click here to remove this ad
Old 11-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #19
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Chin up Beth, not your fault as Sue said! She makes a good point tho. Last year my draw was Richie (NYCKid) and the most fun was deciding what to get the guy. I gathered enough info from reading his Profile to take a stab at something he would like, and as I recall it was spot on.

It's a lot of work running the SS deal, and volunteers seem to do the lions share.

I am not in this year either, too much going on here, but good luck to all and a Merry Christmas to all.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #20
RONDADOUG
Sweep Fanatic
6/04 MOTM
5/09 MOTM

RONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant futureRONDADOUG has a brilliant future
Thanks for volunteering Beth...That is very sweet of you...Like others, I've decided not to participate this year...NOT because of the purchasing the gift before knowing who it's for though. Hope all who participate have a wonderful time.
Wishing all a Happy Holiday season.

Wishing for Peace on Earth for all
Old 11-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #21
nycitykid
Sweep Fanatic

nycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant future
No one is faulting you Beth, and I'm sure doing doing the Secret Santa gig is time consuming and isn't a picnic. We all appreciate what you do.

For me, personally, I have to be a little inspired when buying a gift. Therefore, I will likely be opting out of the festivities this year.

Hope everyone has fun!
-Richie
Old 11-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #22
gmp59
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
12/07 MOTM

gmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond repute
i think this is pretty sad so many are not going to participate. i am willing to help as much as possible to make it easier and make our old gang want to participate. this is one of the things i enjoy most about this site is that we all look forward to doing this and it makes me sad that lots of folks do not want to do this because the rules are changing a little. i really am willing to help as much as possible to bring everyone on the same page. i look forward to hearing from you guys letting me know what u want me to do to make this move along smoothly.

gina
Old 11-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #23
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you want to volunteer to co-ordinate Gina.... Beth will help you and tell you what you need to do..... and I will volunteer to send out an extra gift if someone renegs --- and doesn't send theirs....Hate to think that someone might, but it has been our "experience" that at least one person hasn't kept up their part of the bargain --- for one real reason, or for many made up reasons.

I THINK I remember someone saying they signed up because they wanted a gift and thought that "no one" would know they didn't send one out ...UG UG UG. Really -- they didn't think anyone would know that they didn't send one.... I guess they didn't know we would all come "home" here to post and thank the sender !!! sometimes I wonder about people in general.

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #24
daniela6968
Sweep Fanatic
11/07 MOTM

daniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond repute
I admitted my part in not following through 2 years ago. Again I apologize for ruining it for others. Last year I didn't even think twice about wanting to join in. Even though it was doable unlike the year before, I was still ashamed.

I don't think the rules have to change as to getting to know who gets who. Just don't include anyone that you know didn't follow through. The regulars shouldn't have to suffer.

Again, I'm sorry for my part.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #25
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Daniela, this discussions didn't come up because we wanted anyone to have to apologize or "fess up to anything" ....altho that's both a nice and a very brave thing for you to do.... we just wanted to explain that sometimes things don't fall into place easily when so many different personalities are involved.....and for the record, my post was NOT about you.

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #26
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

nascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant future
((hugs)) Daniela.. this post wasnt aimed at you or to make anyone feel badly.. you are a wonderful addition here ... like Pip said things happened last year that kind of frustrated me.. and her... its not that doing it is particularly hard to coordinate.. as long as everyone has a good time and sends out their gifts on time...
where did pippys post go? she was right she had my name last year and so graciously had sent me a gift card and then i ended up using that plus more to send out several extra gifts on top of my own and then Pippy being the sweetheart she is resent me my gift... which i told her she didnt need to do.. Pip has a heart of gold and i miss her when she doesnt post..
Beth i havent signed up to participate this year but trust me hon.. it has nothing to do with your suggestions or even past headaches..its financial and stress related with work kids and possible Iraq deployments that has my head and wallet spinning...
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #27
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
I deleted my post Jolene. Sent you a PM.

Thanks for the very sweet, kind, words.

No Daniela, I know no one was referring to you in regards to what happened. It was 2 different people, 2 different years.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #28
daniela6968
Sweep Fanatic
11/07 MOTM

daniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond reputedaniela6968 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. I was just feeling guilty reading this thread and seeing people drop out of the exchange.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #29
gmp59
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
12/07 MOTM

gmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond repute
hey guys
i did not post any comments to make anyone feel bad. i was just trying to help make this go smoothly. i think like others that if you feel others are not going to follow through we either have a couple of people on back up to send out something or look for donation from members who i know have some prizes they are not going to use. this used to be the fun part of the year and i am just trying to bring that back. we are all going through somt tough stuff (me included) and sometimes things like this brighten up your day.
sorry if i made anyone uncomfortable but i was just trying to help and take some stress off of others. i really truely feel like family here.
sincerely
gina ((((((((((((((((((((to all))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #30
beffers
Charter Member
1/05 MOTM
4/11 MOTM

beffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond reputebeffers has a reputation beyond repute
hey all i finally posted the gift exchange http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...690#post746690
daniela, it's all good.
as for why i chose to volunteer only if we do it differently this year, well let me try and explain.
while i anxiously watch to see the posts occur that members recieved thier gifts and they are wonderful, and just what they asked for. well time ticks on and thier are members that have painsakingly chosen thier gifts and what? no posts that thier person got anything, and then the worst part is when it gets down to the wire and there are members that haven't gotten anything. well it's the holiday, and i'm swamped with stuff i need to do here @ home, but i have to begin sending pm's, that don't get returned or that are full of excuses. well, that's why. and there's no guarentee this way will work better, but i'd really like to keep a good thought, so let's just give this way a try.

anyone is welcome to reconsider,the more the merrier.