RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
angelwings
Charter Member

angelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond reputeangelwings has a reputation beyond repute
Remincing about RHSS

Today, after reading daniela6968's post Does this cat make my butt look fat?, I realized just how much enjoyment I have received from being a member of RHSS. Over the years, the site has evolved into an internet clubhouse while never straying from its main objective ... sweepstakes.

It seems hard to believe that over 7 years have passed since I first joined RHSS. Some days I spend more time reading the posts than entering the contests but I have also won some of the contests that I entered.

Today I was remincing about the funny prizes members have won ...how some members have winning streaks ...how I marvel at where on earth does cmaxwell find the contests to post ... trying to figure out Pippizan's pickle ...how happy or sad I am when a member or member's loved one accomplishes something or gets sick ...the warmth in my heart when other members congratulate one another on their winnings ...and the joint struggle to win CokeMusic prizes.

I have noticed how quickly new members are encouraged and swept into the fold, so to speak. RHSS is the only site that I have ever seen ... after all these years on the internet ... that is not filled with negative sparrings among members.

I am always long-winded ... The advice, tutoring, and friendship from RHSS members has been priceless. Finding RHSS, all those years ago, was like winning the best Instant Win contest ever.

What do are your fondest RHSS memories?
angelwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
tmy56
Sweep Fanatic
4/04 MOTM
1/09 MOTM

tmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond reputetmy56 has a reputation beyond repute
-realizing that Brad & I both lived in the same area of upstate NY & may have been at the same restaurant at the same time back in the 70's

-the caring & concern put towards my community after last June's horrible car accident

-Bill's annual holiday greetings
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
Victoria, where to start??

December, 2002. I was sick, very sick. In the throes of a bad flare up from my Crohn's disease.
This picture says it all. 99% of those cards and notes are from the folks here on the forum. Since my birthday is 12/31, I got birthday cards, holiday cards, and get well cards. We couldn't even fit all the cards into the picture!

And, you know what? I still have every single one of those cards.

I must explain the reason why I am under the sheet. I lost a lot of weight, about 70 or 80 pounds over the course of probably 3 months and I looked like death warmed over and didn't want to scare the heck out of everyone, thus the sheet! Ane we all know what a clown I am anyway.

There had been a thread for the year we had a surprise Christmas for Chris and Linda, but I don't see it anymore. I suspect it is still around, but hidden someplace in the bowels of RHSS.

I have one picture though that I saved and my apologies to Chris if this is Missy in the picture. (never could tell the two cats apart!) I know how hard it is to look back and remember, but I wanted to show it.

That is a small sample of the girfts that were bought for them and then shipped to them.

Someone came up with the idea and then said send everything to me, actual gifts, cards, money, whatever, then Gene and I would pack them up and send them on to Memphis.
And every single person, had great trust in me and I did my best not to give anyone reason not to trust me.
We had collected over $200 in cash and a varied assortment of all kinds of gifts and cards to be sent on to Chris and Linda.

It was truly a labor of love and in the process, I was able to collect what I have to say is one of the most valued things I have ever had in my life........my friendship with Sue (aka Missue) Sue24fan.

Sue and her DH came up to the mall to meet us and help us shop and the friendship has endured over the years and for that and my close friendship with several other members, I am forever grateful for RHSS.

Linda, if you still have the pictures from when you guys were opening everything, please post them.

Now, if you have a couple of weeks with nothing to do, feel free to browse through this thread........ http://www.redhotsweeps.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17493

There is so much stuff in there, funny stuff, downright silly things, pictures, joking, serious stuff. It's a thread to be remembered and I think everyone who contributed to it, had a blast doing it.

Another more personal memory for me is the time a member posted about some things going on in their lives. Not going to name a name, but I sent this person a PM, because I saw somethings parellel in my own life and didn't want them to make the same mistake as a parent.
This person has told me many times how glad they were they took my advice and I have been pleased to see that their were able to put the unpleasantness of the situation behind them and watched their son grow into being a fine young man. He even sent me some gift cards he couldn't use with a beautiful note. I still have the note. The GC were used long ago.

I have never met this person, but have talked with them several times and it is another very close friendship I will always treasure, thanks to RHSS.

I have read posts and laughed till I cried. I have read posts and just plain old cried and felt the hurt for the person posting.

When I went ballistic 2 years ago in June and quit as a maderator, it was probably the hardest thing I had to do. I cried for days afterwards, but knew for me, in the end, and for all our members, it was the right thing to do. I was taking everything to heart too much and I apologize again for the way I went about it.
Okay, not a good memory, but a memory nonetheless.

Bill and the house!

The ('nuff said )

Just a few of my favorite things and memories of RHSS!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
d7dot
Mr. Starbucks

d7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond reputed7dot has a reputation beyond repute
Well said, where to begin..

Enough new friendships to last a lifetime... and beyond.. many of whom we have never met face to face, but have grown to know well by reading their posts, PM's, body language and so forth..

We also got to meet Linda and Chris when we visited Tunica, and they came over to dine and pull a few slot handles with us. You will not find any better people, anywhere, in any group than those two.

Real people, not simply names on a board.. that's what this place is all about.

There are many, many other members I would like to meet, to put more faces with names, but that is not always simple or easy to arrange. We missed Bill by a hair when he was in the Sarasota area a couple of years back, and we have been close to Terrys stomping grounds as well. I also seem to recall missing a few members by a few days during some Disney trips.. Of course some family/RHSS members we do meet at Disney. We are not into Sweeps Club activities where we could meet some of our members, but who knows what the future may bring..

As for Pippy... well I would love to meet Pip and Gene, but I ain't goin to Cleveland and that's my final answer...

PS: Where else can one lounge in silk Tombstones, sip on a Baileys, and pull the Randomizer handle, enter sweeps and chat with real people, all at the same time...
Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
I too have been here about 7 years...is this the 7 year itch post?

Anyway I always will call this my online home. I love the members, the chats, the prayers, the sharing in each of their lives in special ways, and them sharing in mine.... And I know several people here, by their kind words and prayers got me thru some really tuff stuff.

~~~LIKE the homeowners lawsuit... was that really in 2003 - 2004
And look we survived it ~~ now I know anything is possible

I enjoy when I have time ~~~ looking for new sweeps and just plain old finding them in my email ~~ I LOVE IT when an RHSS-er wins from something I post...

I've won alot of prizes, but none of that will compare to the feeling of being part of this group.

Thanks everyone..... each one makes it special here in their own way.

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
dorsy1
Sweep Fanatic
3/09 MOTM

dorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond reputedorsy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Almost 7 years for me too! I love coming here. If I've had a stressful day, this is where I end up. I'll be talking to my dh, and mention that Brad won this great prize, or Bill posted an outrageous picture, and he'll say, "who??" I just assume he knows who I'm talking about...doesn't everybody?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
mjragusa
Sweep Fanatic
5/07 MOTM

mjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond repute
hard to believe I've been here almost 5 years myself--it really is true that time flies when you're having fun!

On a more serious note: I've relished my years at RHSS--all the friends I've met, some in person, most over the internet. And, all the encouragement I've received with personal issues, advice on wins and the lack of them...the list is endless! You all are really the best!

What a wonderful thread to start! see what I mean? This group is the greatest! I honestly wish we could arrange our own convention so that we can all get together in one place just to hang out and enjoy each others company--regardless of whether a prize is involved! LOL

Everyone here contributes something in each of their own unique ways--and God bless Cindy-Who and all our posters of sweeps--I'll never understand how they find them all so quickly! I also want to thank everyone who has contributed their prayers, those who offer prizes from their own closets of goodies, and Linda and Chris for all the planning and organizing that goes on behind the scenes. You all are amazing!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
nycitykid
Sweep Fanatic

nycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant futurenycitykid has a brilliant future
This is a great community for a whole lot of things beyond sweepstakes. It's great to be able to network with intelligent members on a host of topics. That's why I stay a member of RHSS. Lots of interesting postings including current news, and offers. After a while, you get to know about members and share a little bit of what's going on with their lives.

-Richie
nycitykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #9
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

nascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant future
wow, what a great post.. i guess this is just a place that i can come to laugh, cry and vent.. its my place to share things.. my fostering etc.. you all are probably tired of my puppy stories.. p.s. on that note... i am down to 3 of the 11.. they have started going to their happy forever homes.. its been a long winter with that many dogs in the house..lol...
theres not a day goes by i dont think of my friends here.. Pip.. you always make me smile.. in the last couple months i have had 2 members do some special things for me.. you know who you are..and you both are angels, and made me smile.. i do hope to meet Ronda and Iowakat someday..were only a few hours apart...that would be pretty cool.. i would love to meet Pip and alot more of you.. maybe someday...
((HUGS)) to each and every special angel here..
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
nascarandbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #10
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Sweeping brings people to this forum, and some truly connect with the family atmosphere. This is a family of choice and the bonds are all the stronger for that. A fair amount of the daily posting relates to everything but sweeping.

My favorite sweep memories relate to the group efforts where the prizes were many and we worked together sharing what we learned and rejoicing in every win. Of course, the various CokeMusic promotions, Scion road trip postcards, MSN search and win ... those were good days with loads of win posts for many.
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #11
mjragusa
Sweep Fanatic
5/07 MOTM

mjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond reputemjragusa has a reputation beyond repute
ah, yes, the scion road trip postcards! Didn't we have a lock on that one for a couple of weeks? Seems like every winner came from our little family!!

That was a blast! Almost as good as our annual Christmas card exchange!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #12
Snowbirdy
Sweep Fanatic
10/05 MOTM
6/09 MOTM
7/11 MOTM

Snowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbirdy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Reminiscing about my seven years with RHSS:

Bill and the house + = some of the funniest dialogue I have ever read! Many times I came by to re-read what they were saying, to get my daily laughter fix!

Through the years we've been through a lot together here at RHSS: happy times, sad times, difficulties, and our common hobby, sweeping.

RHSS is a great place to be!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
pippizan
Charter Member
1/03 MOTM
9/06 MOTM

pippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond reputepippizan has a reputation beyond repute
I almost forgot.....just for you Victoria and Barb and for Who, with a cherry flavored snocone!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #14
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

nascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant future
ahhh love that pickle..
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
nascarandbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #15
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow...so many memories. I really enjoyed your posts in this thread and they all made me smile. What I love most is the kindness and helpfulness of all the members.

I've loved meeting a few of the members in person when they have come to AZ on trip wins. It is wonderful to put faces with the names.

Like Victoria, I've never seen any site on the net where people are so genuinely kind and helpful. Linda has made clear from the beginning that no rudeness will be tolerated and I know that the members monitor each other. I remember some loose cannons in the early years and they were asked to leave.

We've had so many funny threads over the years that I have so enjoyed. We've shared so much about our lives, kids, families, pets.

I do miss every regular poster who has left over the years and remember them all. Thanks to all who have contributed. It's been a joy for me to be a moderator all these years.