RHSS Message  Forum

Go Back   RHSS Message Forum > Red Hot Sweeps (RHSS) > Comments About RHSS
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade User Pages Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #31
gmp59
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
12/07 MOTM

gmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond reputegmp59 has a reputation beyond repute
sorry about the split but no one should ever have to go through that!
congrats on the baby sounds like so much fun.
i think i may be one of the few who have no grandchildren but i am ok with that. my oldes is 26 soon to be 27 and youngest just turned 22. they have plenty of time to have kids.

as for what path to take i did not start school till i was 40 so if you decide on that. go for it and you will do great, try to go to a school that has an older group of students. much easier to get through the classes and studies.

good luck with all you decide on

a great big welcome back u have been missed.
and always remember your family here is just a keyboard away. i always do.
gina
Old 03-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #32
DeLynn
Sweep Fanatic
12/03 MOTM

DeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks all! I did miss you all!! Ronda, I just started to mosaic again. A lot of things that I enjoyed got put on hold as I was going through my depression over my marriage. I have some close friends that I mosaic with. We go to movies together too.

I don't table dance anymore Pip! However, I won't say that I won't ever again. I just haven't had any opportunities! I'm pretty boring..I just go have a Starbucks every day and join other regulars on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Good therapy and pretty safe. I'm not even wanting to date....very, very scary to me.

Did you all forget the Starburst sweeps a couple of years ago? I Remember how I would camp out at a local grocery store sitting on the patio furniture getting all those codes.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #33
toystory
Sweep Fanatic
8/05 MOTM
6/06 MOTM
4/10 MOTM
10/11 MOTM

toystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond reputetoystory has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, DeLynn ~~ now I remember the Starburst codes...wow!! So many memories. So glad you came and joined us again too!!

And Gina, I am not a grandma either (still feeling that one) -- my son's are 28 and 29, beat ya by a year or so

Have out of town company this weekend, someone I went to College with...way way way back.... they have 3 teenagers -- and they are here with them. It was a wonderful hour or so before they left for the rehearsal dinner.... I already offered to keep one !!

Can't believe how wonderful this remembering stuff is.... wonderful thread.

http://www.ccssinc.com
http://www.sudleyvalero.com/
http://www.yesuwon.com
http://www.its-annoying.com - new blog place for me to vent my frustrations!
toystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Click here to remove this ad
Old 03-29-2008, 05:43 AM   #34
mstaken00
Charter Member
2/05 MOTM
2/08 MOTM

mstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond reputemstaken00 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome home, DeLynn!! I have missed you so much. Most of the regulars or irregulars are still here. LOL!

Wishing you only the best on healing your heart, mind and soul.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #35
lisagrl99
Sweep Fanatic

lisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to beholdlisagrl99 is a splendid one to behold
OMG!!!!!!! Starburst!!!!!!!! HAHA.. That just gave me a chuckle! I think I'm still developing cavities from that one.. Every week we had envelopes with free coupons in it!

I've been back and forth as well. Had alot going on in my life too.. Moved to FL 3yrs ago, then just recently moved back to NY while 8months preggo. Had our beautiful DD right after turkey day and are still adjusting (I think the kitchen should be closed for good now!!!)

This was the 1st sweeps site that I'd joined about 6 or 7yrs ago and it's the only one that I remain a member of. I've won, and not won, over the years and it's so encouraging to see so many people who root for each other and help with the contests.. There is no bad mouthing and no sour grapes.

I do love this place!

visit me @ www.pamperedchef.biz/lisamolinelli
lisagrl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #36
nascarandbeans
Sweep Fanatic
4/06 MOTM
1/08 MOTM

nascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant futurenascarandbeans has a brilliant future
boy i almsot hate to mention coke.. after the Olympics wins, i had 125 free bottles of coke products.. my local walmart one day asked me how many more of those coupons i had because accounting was starting to get annoyed with them.... i hate to admit it but i got to cleaning out the storeroom the other day where i keep all my canned goods and i still had 2 bottles of pop.. lol..
"Health" To Spare, And
"Friends" That Care.
nascarandbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:42 PM   #37
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
DeLynn, I'm so glad to see you back! I know you struggled with your marriage and I'm glad you moved on. Sometimes just wanting it to work out isn't enough. Congrats on the grandbaby! How is Samantha doing? How about your son?

It's so wonderful when our old friends return! DeLynn, I still just know we're going to meet one of these days.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #38
DeLynn
Sweep Fanatic
12/03 MOTM

DeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond reputeDeLynn has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Judy! Samantha is doing great. She's married and so I have a son-in-law Kaleb in the family now too. K.C. is named after his dad, Kaleb Charles Clark So he should be K.C.C. They wouldn't let me name him and I really, really tried! I feel older being a mother-in-law than a grandma.

Tyson is living in Arlington, VA and he has had a steady girlfriend for about two years. I was back visiting with them over Thanksgiving. I get to see him at least twice a year. He completed two political internships before finding his current full-time position which has something to do with influencing economic policy. Kinda complicated. I am so thankful that he wasn't chosen by Senator Craig when he applied.

Johnny lives with me. He and Monte aren't speaking at the moment. Hope that changes for both of them soon. He is a sweetie! He is going to massage therapy school here in Boise.

Judy, I think we'll meet someday too! I was in Glendale when BSU played in the Tostito Bowl. Pretty exciting!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #39
betty
Sweep Fanatic
Charter Member
8/04 MOTM
April Fool's 08 MOTM
2/10 MOTM

betty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond reputebetty has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome back DeLynn and congrats on KC. we do like the photos if you can get one posted
betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #40
newday
Sweep Fanatic

newday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond repute
WElcome back . My moniker should explain alot. It is hard to come back once divorced. People I knew in high school & while married wouldn't have anything to say to me while getting divorced. It bothered me for a long time and decided I would ignore them too and get on with ME. Glad you have someone to pal with. Didn't see the table dancing. Is it like my dumpster diving? Good luck to you and MANY WINS !!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #41
judygr64
Charter Member
Super Moderator
4/03 MOTM
05/11 MOTM

judygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond reputejudygr64 has a reputation beyond repute
Judy, I think we'll meet someday too! I was in Glendale when BSU played in the Tostito Bowl. Pretty exciting!

DeLynn, did you stay at the hotel in Scottsdale where all the BSU folks were? My friend who is the high level administrator at Boise State was here with her family and we went and picked them up there to go out for lunch for the little bit of free time they had. I know they were all having a great time and that was before the big game and win! By the way, they just love living in Boise.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #42
nannyv
Sweep Fanatic
2/09 MOTM

nannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond reputenannyv has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, sure can remember that Coke Contest. Kept family and I well stocked for a very long time
Always enjoy reading the posts of trips that Bill and others win.
When I get a little discouraged of not winning much, always helps to login and see that my friends here are still winning!!! Sometimes our wins are rather "odd" (two pencils with fancy tops & a ruler) but always nice when that little brown truck stops and has something special for us.

My last Surprise win was a nice $100 gift certificate from Publix. No winning email about it, just a brown envelope delivered by "the little brown truck". Over the years have won race tickets, books & more books, flowers, gift baskets, movies, cd's, Mark Martin Car for children to ride in *maybe a real car next time, a couple of watches, tickets to Christmas Shows and gift certificates, year supply of coke from a Kroger entry and Hubbie won year supply of sugar from a recipe contest on the radio, year supply of Kotex, year supply of ice cream, lots of clothes and shoes, health and beauty items etc.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #43
loveto win
Sweep Fanatic

loveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond reputeloveto win has a reputation beyond repute
I just saw this thread and on behalf of Pip I'd like to say, "GREAT IDEA". And I thrid that cheer for all the maderaters.

I've made friends here too. Alicialew and I still keep in touch by email, and have supported each other through illnesses of family members and trials of parenthood.

Cokemusic is where I met Betty.

I'd read threads of sadness and see that Brad said just the right thing, the thing I couldn't find the right words for.

I don't get here as much as I used to, my job changed so I'm on the road more,but I check in often. This is an amazing, unduplicated place. Thanks Linda and Chris
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #44
ababe28
Sweep Fanatic
1/06 MOTM
7/10 MOTM

ababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond reputeababe28 has a reputation beyond repute
Almost 7 yrs. for me too! Wowser...
Lots of great memories....
Thank you all for being here, thanks to everyone who had made this the best site on the web!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:49 AM   #45
jenndiggy
Sweep Fanatic

jenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond reputejenndiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Hope no one minds I bump this out of nowhere! LOL!

Who can forget when Bill posted on April 1 that Janky was MOM?
And when he designated HIMSELF MOM?

It's been so long I've been on this site. (In fact, I missed being a charter member by a few weeks. I believe that back when it was changed to charter member that you could ask and it might be granted to you, but I didn't think it mattered that much, but now that I've been here so long I wish I would have. Oh well!) I don't have much time these days to post and enter, and entering is a priority, but I always love to hear what everyone is up to!

I remember the contest I think it was that Bill had with that game in the arcade. Remember I had an eye infection at the time and I was playing that game like no one's business. Part of the time I had to keep one eye shut! LOL! I would go to bed at night and see blocks falling!
jenndiggy is offline   Reply With Quote